walbro

dominoy2k1 said:
yeah thats how it starts, little tear. next thing you know the b**** is torn to crap. what i did is i got a piece of rubber hose that is about the same size and put some electrical tape on it. it was a fix i had to do since i was about 2hrs away from home. lits ghetto rigged together but its been working for about 2months now with no problem. i have already gone through 2 of these fuckers. there is also a ring clip thing that one of my friends is using. i dunno if he got it from beau or if it came with the stock fuel pump assembly. i think there is a pic somewhere. nope cant find it. maybe beau found a better way of fixing this problem.
that part number that you give...is that the stock number from mazda? or from walbro? i could really use a new one so i can get my car on the road...damn, i dont want to just use some rubber hose because if that is a line that gas runs thurough, im scared the gas will eat up the rubber hose and the electrical tape..scary..thanks for your help!

thats exactly what ive been going through...hopefully this helps out my problem too, ill keep you updated

installed my pump last night.. running a bit lean as I'm only making it to 30 psi and I think I was closer to 40 psi before. I had to pull the pump twice so I'm guessing I damaged that seal. Going to try and get a new one and see, but otherwise I'll try fixing it with urethane adhesive or doing your hose trick.

was able to correct for the leanness with the standalone... but it required richening a base of 16% to make up some of the difference. :(

damnit, anyone with the walbro 255 having problems. the damn pump has, for the second time, ****** up the little seal thing. i attached the image of it.

Sorry I sent this message this late at in the day, I figure you may not seen for a couple of days anyways. In the picture you posted, the circled piece that is rubber. I have a question regarding this, if you could help please. I'm just wondering, because I'm having the same symptoms as you and others have posted. This is after completing a new fuel pump, and I took it for a test spin. Sometimes there is intermittent hesitation, loss of power. The circled rubber piece attaches to the fuel pump and into the body of the filter. Does that piece need overlayed onto the plastic ring below it, or does it sit on top? I have it sitting on top, and couldn't get it inside the plastic ring.

Back