vinyl hood, roof...

Admiring Your Models

I Love Mazda. Your models and Their Design structure are admirrable.Thanks for Providing me Opputunity.

- Jackspar.

Addiction treatment and recovery resources for the addict and their families.

<a href="http://www.addictiontreatment.net">http://www.addictiontreatment.net</a>

Painting is cheaper. I looked into it, prepped the hood myself, got it and the spoiler painted at the same time for $80. Vinyl guy said $160 for just the hood.

i had the template done on my car several weeks ago.

so it should be ready to order soon if not now. and i guarantee its not 160 for the bluebat vinyl

I contacted him directly. The roof vinyls are ready they cost $90 shipped and you have to cut out the antenna base hole which he marks.

I would go for vinyl over paint any day. 100% reversible without cost.

I would go for vinyl over paint any day. 100% reversible without cost.

This is 100% not true, the vinyl acts as a color blanket on your paint and speeds up the wear on the covered surface. when you take it off don't be suprized if your paint is in rough shape. Not to mention of water maanges to get under there.

any updates tho? I wanted a hood cover for my OEM hood.

man think someone is feeding you abit of BS. if they use any quality of vinyl it actually protects the paint. have had it done to my Pro5 from my buds vinyl shop for like a year. peeled off a section to replace it cause of a rock chip and paint looks like new underneath. we did it to my buds car like 3 years ago, took it off to sell it last month, paint was like brand new underneath the vinyl but the paint not protected by vinyl had scuffs and scratches.

DSC_0023.jpg

This is 100% not true, the vinyl acts as a color blanket on your paint and speeds up the wear on the covered surface. when you take it off don't be suprized if your paint is in rough shape. Not to mention of water maanges to get under there.

any updates tho? I wanted a hood cover for my OEM hood.

Sorry Jay you should check into your info. You would be correct if it was a blanket that would allow air and water to get under it and not dry up. But vinyl is not a blanket it adheres fully to the painted surface. Its the same concept as 3M clear bras. That is vinyl as well. If done properly no water will get in and UV will not touch it therefore theoretically it should be safe and its proven. Another perfect example are brand new cars they come covered in vinyl straight off the line. Some cars take up to 8-9 months to sell and they are still covered in vinyl outdoors.

If you want for your hood contact Don Nguyen. His prices are very very good for vinyl and he has matte and gloss. I bought a roof piece from him.

My bad guys, I guys I have to second guess my sources, when I wanted to do this. I was warned about the above concerns but seeing it done and removed I cant argue with. Sorry.

i'm pretty sure when i took off my little decal..
it showed ...in comparison with e rest ofmy car
it was a darker shade.

like...i could literally still se te afterimage of my decal on my car sort of

Back