US Diesel's big splash introduction

OK. Mazda might be a large company compared to other non car makers but within the car industry, they are not considered as large. That mantle belongs to Toyota, VW, GM, Ford and the like.

Mazda seem to deliver pretty well but as always could do better.

That statement applies to any company. Those that don’t strive to be better end up on the junkheap of history.

Re: diesel in NA.

I think really what people are wanting are some form of actual communication on what's going on with diesel. As it is, no communication has led to widespread speculation and negative feeling by the diesel folks towards Mazda which doesn't do Mazda any favors.

And I can understand that. How hard is it for Mazda to say "we're still dealing with government regulations"?
Blame Mazda North America for communication issues

Mazda Australia seem to communicate pretty well

Old news. From what others have said here and I have read online, oil issues has been resolved.

I won't believe that its cured until I own a 2017 onwards myself.
I have oil rise on a 2013 and 2015 car.

I won't believe that its cured until I own a 2017 onwards myself.
I have oil rise on a 2013 and 2015 car.

Ask Anchorman - they've had 2 KF CX-5's (red and now silver).

Should be able to advise. If still an issue then I retract my statement.

They seem to have fixed the oil dilution. The 2016 that got stolen was really bad but the 2017 and 18 Ive had dont do it at all.

But is that the same for all 2017 owners onwards, who might use the car differently?

I hope it is solved for everyone, oil rise, but why has it taken 5 years, and way didn't everyone pre 2017 have the oil rise issue.
Back in 2013 even those doing mainly motorway driving were suffering with oil rise issues.

That's why I really hope the US gets the diesel, it will soon be revealed if there are any remaining issues.

All I can say is that my 2016 suffered badly with dilution but not only does the 2017 have different pistons but it regenerates in a different way - for much less time. I’m on my second 2017 on model and neither suffer. The first one did 9000 miles and never moved and this one at 1800 miles appears to be doing the same.

Its safe to assume there still will be SOME fuel dilution as its just a fact of life with engines that are direct injected and turbo whether gas or diesel. However, hopefully Mazda mitigated most of this with the revision of the internals and fuel mapping with respect to the compounding of the dilution problem, due to the DPF.

Do you know what's different with the 2017 regen?

Not exactly. They were every 50 miles or so with the 2016 and they are about every 230 on the 17 on. They are also much shorter so you don’t know its happened most of the time. It doesn’t make the booming noise from the exhaust either.

Its safe to assume there still will be SOME fuel dilution as its just a fact of life with engines that are direct injected and turbo whether gas or diesel. However, hopefully Mazda mitigated most of this with the revision of the internals and fuel mapping with respect to the compounding of the dilution problem, due to the DPF.

I’ll tell you in April when the oil gets changed but the last car which had 9000 mile had no measurable dilution. You’d have to have the oil analysed to be sure.

I’ll tell you in April when the oil gets changed but the last car which had 9000 mile had no measurable dilution. You’d have to have the oil analysed to be sure.

I know in my F150 ecoboost , you can definitely tell from the smell alone. The oil analysis shows a consistent 2% in only 5000 miles. I’d hate to see that oil in 10k miles! [emoji51]

Back