Unavailability of Mazda auto stop/start and cylinder deactivation due to part shortages?

I just heard that CX-5s built in October and November this year may be missing cylinder deactivation and auto stop/start due to supply chain issues causing parts shortages.
The affected vehicles will show lower than expected MPG ratings on the window stickers.
Can anyone confirm this and will any other features be decontented?

I have a 23 premium 2.5 na /and thankfully the i-stop is not on it - Apparently it has to be disabled each time you start the vehicle / - But the CD is seamless- totally undetectable ,
I live in a state where its vast open stretches of wide open road--and CD yields great mileage - a full tank ( last ) was 481 mile range and about 36 mpg @ 70 -75 mph ;-))
If crusing at any speed - use manual mode and CD is disabled -( I use manual with paddle shifters often ) -
Theres a bulliten about oct / nov NAs not having these 2 items - why ? dosent say
- But heres the notice - read 1st page left side ..

The juggling of what features are " good " and arent is personal choice - I believe CD
is rock solid now - Mazdas been doing it since 18 - a few kinks - but if you want speed grab a turbo ! Some say CD would be on all cars if great - but Mazda has patents on its system - I take CD with a
6-speed gearbox over ANYthing with a CVT transmission -The CX-5 is nothing but a perpetual smile on my face when driving - really fun vehicle - great manners !

Attachments

• EA5804D3-830F-4F16-AD3E-B7C7007D7D45.jpeg
    EA5804D3-830F-4F16-AD3E-B7C7007D7D45.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 95
  • F08AD81D-EC51-42FC-8AE5-9D3F56C2428F.jpeg
    F08AD81D-EC51-42FC-8AE5-9D3F56C2428F.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I think those 2 items being permanently decontented would be a blessing.
Yup. I would take reliability over economy everytime.

I put cylinder deactivation in the same basket as ethanol fuel, 0w-20 oil, 7500 oil change intervals, I stop, and all the other idiotic attempts that car makers use to raise their Cafe numbers sacrificing their (our) reliability.

- I believe CD is rock solid now -

2.5 NA w/CD Cracked Cylinder Head with Oil leaking...How common is this?

It is still happening with the 2022 models. I just got my cylinder head replaced under warranty. It's a CX-5 with a skyactive engine; it's not the turbo. I bought it new in March of 2022 and it only has 13,000 miles on it. There were no warning signs or symptoms other than the low oil level light coming on. I have the oil changed twice a year, so that definitely shouldn't have happened. I stopped immediately so no damage was done to the engine. I hope the replacement head will last.
This is the thing, I often see the % amount of failures brought up as a reassurance. But this isn't like a sensor that goes faulty or a malfunctioning sunroof. The threshold for a % that would make me not worry is way low when the repair is thousands of bucks.

It says it will be dropped starting with October/November production, but does anyone know how long it will last? I'll be in the market in the spring/early summer, so I hope there will still be CX-5s without CD and i-Stop on the lots then. CD was the main thing holding me back on a CX-5 purchase.

I just heard that CX-5s built in October and November this year may be missing cylinder deactivation and auto stop/start due to supply chain issues causing parts shortages.
The affected vehicles will show lower than expected MPG ratings on the window stickers.
Oh no ..gotta dump my Mazda stock !
;-))

Its #100% accurate - I stop - pain in buttox - glad i dont have it. CD saves me as much as 3mpg as I drive long flat extended trips w/o stopping - love it -
heres da facts jax on CD -
from down under ...da bonnet ya know!

awesome ! Have a huge collection of CDs !
Installed CD player in 23 Cx5 - last generation that actually owns my stuff - music - i OWN it for life ! uncensored by net thieves who duped an entire generation into paying for stuff they dont own and is completely censored at will by tech tyrants ! Got DVDs to - and own those also !
great pic ! Thanks

Back