Turn Signal Indicator Volume

STE92VE

Zoom Zoom Zoom
:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
My wife accused me the other day of not signaling when changing lanes since the volume of the turn signal indicator is so low, even at the highest setting. Anyone else have this issue?

No. In fact, someone commented that the turn signal sounded old fashioned because it was so loud.

It's supposedly adjustable if you have the tech package, from the instrument cluster. (I don't have the package so cannot confirm)

LCD Function Initial setting Setting contents Control unit
Light-on The volume for the lights-on reminder warning alarm can be changed. High High / Low / OFF Instrument cluster
Turn Signal The volume of the turn and hazard indicator alarm can be changed. High High / Low Instrument cluster
Language The display language can be changed. English Instrument cluster
Distance The distance unit can be changed. km or miles km / miles Instrument cluster
Temperature*1 The temperature unit can be changed. C or F C / F Instrument cluster

Yeah set it to High in the Instrument Cluster setting, if it's already high, tell your wife to shut up, she's not driving and it's not meant for her to hear it.

Yeah set it to High in the Instrument Cluster setting, if it's already high, tell your wife to shut up, she's not driving and it's not meant for her to hear it.

It is set to high....and I'm sure you talk to your wife or SWMBO the same way....on the forum, that is :D

It is set to high....and I'm sure you talk to your wife or SWMBO the same way....on the forum, that is :D

I don't have a gf/wive that points it out to me if I don't use my turn signal for whatever reason.

No.

(Could mean that somebody might benefit from a hearing aid).

I think it's quieter than any car I've ever owned or rented. It doesn't bother me, but it is without question quieter than our 2 other cars - both Honda's. Tried all 3 in a row.

It's pretty much the same one as the mazdaspeed6 had. I don't think it's super quiet, just not a sound that cuts through other noise.

I like it better than the old Mazda click though.

My last Porsche had quietest turn signals of any car that I've driven and the only car where I would have liked a bit more signal volume.

Lets just be glad its not crazy obnoxious and a pain to listen to like the one's in Ford's

Hand signals/arm out the window can be observed by concerned passenger unable to hear signal indicator, just a thought... Never mind.

I've not had an issue with the signal volume. But have no idea what the option for "Button" volume is on my dashboard. High, low, off makes no difference at all.

I've not had an issue with the signal volume. But have no idea what the option for "Button" volume is on my dashboard. High, low, off makes no difference at all.

I think that is for the beep that you hear when you change the volume, mode, etc. I shut mine off. The beep is irritating as hell.

Back