TurboHoses MSP Product Line, CONTINUED...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The demand is there for an SMIC, period. There are so many people with hardpipes, and I live in north Idaho (the roads aren't exactly great I bet that FMIC would hit the pavement more than once). Those living in Boston, New York, or some small podunk town with bad roads can feel me. For myself and my application personally (I'm not trying to start an arguement here), I think a really good SMIC is all we need for the T28 turbo and the heat generated by it). If we had a T3/T4 it might be necessary to get a FMIC, or if you plan on boosting 18 psi without taking other precautions, but for my application and the other sources of cooling I am planning on taking (water/alcohol injection) a quality SMIC is perfect for me. And people don't have to upgrade hardpipes if they don't want to. They can run an upgraded SMIC with the stock pipes for like $450. Not that I would do that, but the option is out there. If you upgrade to FMIC, then you HAVE to get hardpipes with it. And second, if you don't plan on upgrading to a bigger radiator, then that stock SMIC sitting there on cars with the SMIC looks like s*** (an unused piece of gear taking up space). It's not like it's hidden when you open your engine compartment. So, there are benefits and downsides to both applications.

this was not a dispute over smic vs fmic,it was just to point out that know matter how you make this you will see minamal gains due to lake of air flow from behind the bumber,and it's cover.not to mention the angles of the pipes to fit hood clearences.
but it does have one good point thats heat soak.

if I thought this was a bad idea then why would I have brought they idea for it to Hoover in the first place?

a front mount would only be necesary if you were going to up the boost.

so,are you going to offer the intake or not?

ya, the main reason for the upgraded side mount would be to eliminate heat soak! And i'm sure a better smic would also have less preasure drop as a bonus.

wicked said:

this was not a dispute over smic vs fmic,it was just to point out that know matter how you make this you will see minamal gains due to lake of air flow from behind the bumber,and it's cover.not to mention the angles of the pipes to fit hood clearences.
but it does have one good point thats heat soak.

so,are you going to offer the intake or not?
********** said:
The deciding factor on whether we see a SMIC in production is the gains. If they aren't significant enough to compensate the price, the SMIC project will be given the AXE. I will not carry a product that is a waste of our hard earned money.
Intake? Something like this... (injen vs 6 inch air ram) Its still in R&D.

Attachments

• 100_0305.JPG
    100_0305.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 171
thats the one,if any one can produce anything to out flow that it would have to be designed by nasa and cost the gov.6,000,000

ha,ha,ha,love it

when turbohoses first came up with this setup they used it on the mr2 and they got a lot of s*** for doing it,but when people saw the gains they all shut up.now turbohoses.com is one of the best known names in R&D.

any idea of it's release date.

when it was designed there was a sri and a cai but hoover questioned the cost effectivnes of the sri due to the heat shield that it needed.is there any way you may be able to get the sri for us with out the heat shield?

it's to bad you couldn't release all the turbo hoses stuff at the same time then you could sell it as a group buy package.

Hopefully when turbohoses releases (if they do) the smic they will sell the pipes and ic together and you could save a few bucks... Thats what im hoping for at least. I was going to be cool and go with a fmic, but seeing that im not planning on upping the boost, and im going to want something i can uninstall easily for dealer/warrenty/maint visits, I am thinking smic may be the way to do. Even if it doesnt look as badass as a nice shiny fmic...

Thanks for the update Cullen.

-Ryan

********** said:
The SMIC will be completed this friday. I will post the results... I have a good feeling about it.

celdridge said:
Cullen ... will this be on your site or are you just going to post it?

CHad
It will be on the site and I will post. Are you asking if there will be a GB...the question is how many want a badass SMIC? That determines a GB.

********** said:
It will be on the site and I will post. Are you asking if there will be a GB...the question is how many want a badass SMIC? That determines a GB.

If i can get off my ass and sell 2 more computers this week ... ill be getting the SMIC and the Profec.
Chad

I will definately be in on the GB (depending on pricing). Give all of us who have already bought the harpipes a good deal and I bet at least half of us will get the SMIC as well...

jurgs01 said:
I will definately be in on the GB (depending on pricing). Give all of us who have already bought the harpipes a good deal and I bet at least half of us will get the SMIC as well...

Yeah ... im starting to notice the heat soak issues with our current SMIC and its annoying me ... so i would definatally be in if the price is right and all ... id like to see some numbers on the new SMIC as well though.

Must stop spending money.... but I want a better IC so bad... and I need it so bad! When will the modifications end?!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back