Turbo kit, and other offerings to be arriving shortly

I want to thank all the people who to time to email me. The following is responces to the emails and further information.

Most performance shops can fabricate a turbo to a car, but what we are doing is making sure that this is a viable, dependable system that does not turn the car into an undrivable lemon. Our intent is to have this system available by the end of the year. The focus at this time is the MP3 and Protege 5, but we will consider developement for the entire line of cars that has the Protege's series of motors. The developement of the kits for the other cars is going to be based on the amount of feed-back from the owners of these cars.

We will have a website as soon as posible, but our attention now is primarily on the kit.

We are located in Atlanta, Georgia and all of the developement is being done on a local basis. We are not ready to release the name of our company until we have our website established.

I have a few people showing interest in a supercharger kit. We have been been researching this option as well, but the horsepower gain vs. expense makes this option less attractive. However if we have enough interest we may still offer this as an option.

We will be offering a complete performance system for the car from nose to tail. We are designing the kits like turbo, intercooler, cold-air, underpulley to work independantly as well as together. We will be providing dyno specs of each individual upgrade independantly and in conjunction with each other, so you can track your horsepower gains consistantly (instead of having to guess). All dyno specs will be listed and we will welcome independant verification.

Carbon and fiberglass body work is also going to be offered. Stock hoods can be available before the end of the year. Custom work by the spring.

Suspension, coil-overs, brakes etc. are in the works.

Again I appreciate the emails received thus far.

Please pass this information along to as many MP3 and Protege 5 owners as posible. The more interest I receive the more product lines and kits we will offer.

email: stevenrsharp@aol.com

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Sounds like westruck gold here!!!! Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait!!!1 Whatever ya got, I'll take one o' everything!!!! :p

MP3#635 :D :D :D :D

Mazdasteve, this is great news and I hope you or greddy or Someone makes some performance gaining parts soon. We are dying here!!!!!! I want to smoke a gs-r sooooooooo bad!!!!! (even though I love acura's)And as for mustangs and camaro's, I would love to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know this will take alot of mods though. We will see what you guys come up with. Happy manufacturing!!

Awesome, I'm just down the road at AU,... "WAR EAGLE"! I can't wait till you guys get these parts out to the public. I'm all in! :D

Whatever happened to this guy?? Does anybody know who this may be or what the progrss is. I enailed "mazdasteve" asking questions but haven,t received a reply. Does anyone know any information about this supposed company or website? What can we expect to come? Or was it all a joke??? I want more power. :mad: :mad: :D

I emailed him a while back asking about the turbo kits. This is the reply I got:

Jim,

Yes we are working on a kit, and yes we are able to do custom kits as well.
What type of performance and specs are you looking for? Where are you located?

A lot of shops would be capable of fabricating a turbo for your car but, an open
ended ticket and a turbo system that is not developed can turn your want for
performance into an undependable, expensive car.

I would like to find out what exactly your your performance wants are. Our
initial kit should put the horsepower around 200 and provide a very fun drivable
car. However, we are also be working on some kits that would put the HP well
over 300, but it all depends on what people want.

Thank you,

Steve Sharp

In a message dated Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:21:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Jim
Smith" <Jimbo513@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I saw your post on the MP3 message board. I am interested in MP3
performance parts, especially a turbo kit. I am asking around local shops about
getting one custom made. Are you guys planning on making a kit? Can one be
custom made? Keep me updated.

I mailed him back saying the intial kit would be great, and a few more things, but he never mailed me back. Sounds like a dead end to me. What company would say they are making a kit but then say they don't want to say the name of the company.

i want an upgradeable kit mazdasteve!, not so basic, kind of middle range, but with the capability of upgrading to better fuel injectors or that kind of stuff for more hp! :D

i would like one that would be around 200hp.....i feel 200hp would be perfect...and the price should be great too...
i just want something that can get me a good srtart...with 200hp..here i come prelude , mustang!!!
300hp is too much for my personnal use..i dont want this car to cost me more than a V8 in fuel!! :D :D

Mazdasteve, if you're legit, I'm definitely in if your product is good. I'd like it to be 220-240HP as well...suggestion: come out with 3 kits...200HP, 220-240, and a 300.

BTW, how do you guys know what # your MP3 is? Does it say anywhere on the car? I just got mine 8 days ago...it's yellow.

I just moved from the Cape May area to Galloway (near Stockton College). I'm about 15 mins from Atlantic City. You? :cool:

Cool, what town are you from?

And HOW CAN YOU TELL which # your MP3 is? :confused:

Back