tunersteve's 2011 Mustang GT thread

LCAs installed today. Wheel hop is gone. Able to chirp them hard in 4th now. Pics:

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Very nice sir, looks good! One of the best mustangs they've built so far in my opinion. Dad works at Auto Allience at flat rock where they built, so we both fans of em! (2thumbs)

I know it's been a while, but time for an update. Since last time, installed the 1" lowering springs, but still haven't put my Panhard bar in. Axle didn't shift much at all. This past weekend was the Woodward Dream Cruise and Mustang Alley, over 700 cars showed up. By far one of the coolest experiences I have been a part of. Here's a few pics:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Next up is the trans. cooling scoop and brake cooling kit from the Boss Laguna Seca.

Very clean 5.0! I want one so bad, and i'm extremely jealous of the Woodward dream cruise. One day I will go.

I wasn't absolutely crazy about the 2010s when they came out, but the Coyote 5.0 makes me green with envy. I LOVE my Bullitt, but it's no longer the 'new' limited edition mustang on the block and the Boss' are spoken for.

I wasn't absolutely crazy about the 2010s when they came out, but the Coyote 5.0 makes me green with envy. I LOVE my Bullitt, but it's no longer the 'new' limited edition mustang on the block and the Boss' are spoken for.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Bosses aren't totally spoken for. It's just hard to find a dealer that won't charge more than MSRP or has an allocation for one. It really is impressive how much they did to that car. I got a chance to meet Dave Pericak, chief engineer for Mustang, and he's a huge car guy. I have a feeling he's got a lot in store for this car.

I have seen one Boss in person, same color as yours with white stripes. Very nice looking car. Even still, if I had the Boss I would just want a Laguna Seca, lol. Nothings ever enough.

I'd be happy to have the Recaro seats and the motor. Everything else my car has, and it also has Sync, HIDs, and heated seats. So, I can take it to the track and still be comfortable 95% of the time. Hard to beat that.

Sounds like the 2013 refresh is shaping up pretty nicely. Boss 302's are getting Sync, HIDs, and a 4.2" screen between the gauges.

Been a while, thought I'd post. Did a few minor things lately, but nothing special. Swapped my Corsa exhaust out for a set of Borla S-types, had the X-pipe welded (the joint on the drivers side was leaking constantly), and sent my shifter out to have a new material put in. Had to get new tires already (no idea why...), but still enjoying it.

Over the winter, the plan is to finish the suspension part gathering, brake cooling, and possibly the Boss 302 intake, then swap it all in. After that, I'm pretty much set with the car.

badass ride. i had the pleasure of getting a ride in a boss 302 with the track key with a ford executive for my grad party and it was a blast. hopefully ill get to see this one day. lmk if youre up to cruise. im at livernois and 6 mile

badass ride. i had the pleasure of getting a ride in a boss 302 with the track key with a ford executive for my grad party and it was a blast. hopefully ill get to see this one day. lmk if youre up to cruise. im at livernois and 6 mile

Yes, the Boss is a badass car, and I love them. Can't complain about the GT either. Had you come to the fun run you would have saw it firsthand...

I know I haven't updated this in a while, but not too much has changed on the car. I did break down and buy winter tires for it, so it now rides on a set of 18" 2010 GT500 convertible wheels with Blizzak LM-60s for the winter. I installed the brake duct kit after I got it for Christmas, and I'm currently getting pieces together to finish the suspension. Been busy lately, so I haven't had a lot of time to spend working on the car. Hopefully in the coming weeks the adjustable struts and side exhaust will get ordered. I'm actually considering trading up for a 2013 GT, but with Recaros and the navigation system instead of my current setup. Good thing is, almost all of my parts are carryover to the other car.

Update: Installed the Ford Racing adjustable shocks & struts, along with the Ford Racing sway bar kit for the car. What a difference! Pictures to come soon. Shocks and struts are a Tokico D-spec with a unique valving by Dynamic (Multimatic) specifically for the Mustang. Infinitely adjustable per their specs.

Back