TSB out in Canada for hood and mirror shake.

Okay so basically the TSB number is: 12-24 or that's what it say's on my invoice.
For the mirror apparently there is no TSB yet but they try to fix it anyway under warranty but when they install the new mirror assembly, one pin broke again and the problem is not solve yet.
They issue a "tech flash" and will call me back when they have an answer about it.
I also have the TSB number about the driver seat clip that came loose like a lot of other guy's here: 09-12-30
Im trying to link a PDF scan of they invoice but im not sure how to do it, feel free to help me.

Last edited:
anyone in US got their shaking mirror fixed, mine is ok but just can't understand why passenger one is better than driver side.

called the dealer, they said they have to look at it, no TSB yet (US) should I wait or have them look at it?

update: had time and had dealer look at it, parts on order, 1-2 weeks. I'll update again if it is fixed or not.

Update: dealer called, parts backed ordered so now 4weeks away. dealer said is a bracket behind the mirror.

Last edited:
Hello guys! Can anyone post the steps taken to eliminate the hood vibration. I understood that involves some "glue" to put between the hood sheet and it's reinforcement structure but that's all I know. Can you take the car back home the same day or not ? Best regards

Hello guys! Can anyone post the steps taken to eliminate the hood vibration. I understood that involves some "glue" to put between the hood sheet and it's reinforcement structure but that's all I know. Can you take the car back home the same day or not ? Best regards

They have to let it dry for 6 hours, so i left mine overnight. Their is barely any vibration after the repair.

Update, dealers have vibrating mirror brackets in, I'm getting mine done tomorrow, I'll update this post after.

I'm at the dealer will post pics later

New mirror assembly
New bracket inside

I hope it works......yes no more vibrating mirror !!!!!

attached photo of the inside bracket and note the new mirror assembly they put some kind of glue behind it now. old ones didn't have that.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 484
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 445
  • photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
your dealer should know, my dealer did few of them already, I need to check my receipt.

I think this is the same for USA

Ticket 018831
part KDY0-69-181

plus 1-2 hours of labor, first year production will always have things like these, just hope that is all, so far no big issues with drivetrain. is just weird that R side have no bracket and no issues, I wonder if it is due to some kind of engine harmonic or vibration, the tranny is the L side.

who knows, I'm happy for now.

I bet not all customers will complain so Mazda is safe there.

I bet not all customers will complain so Mazda is safe there.

True. I have a February 2012 build and do not have the hood vibration or mirror vibration issue after 14,500 miles. The hood issue I can understand because of the inconsistencies in manufacturing process of the hood, but the mirror issue I am unsure as to why some have it and some don't...

I test-drove 2 different 2014 CX-5s, with the plastic still on the seats, and both had driver side mirror shake at highway speed. It was a vibration that some people might tolerate. It's true I've noticed it on the short test drive only because I read about it here first, but I can see why I would like it to be fixed.
If it is found in new 2014 models, I don't think Mazda actually addressed the issue. The dealers I've spoken to did not hear about it before.

Last edited:
We mentioned the vibration when we were in for service last month. Because the weather was bad they wanted to reschedule so a test drive could be done. Service manager said there was a bulletin for the hood shake, but told me later my VIN was outside the range. Told me to bring it back anyways so they could check it out and see if it needed to be done. I asked about the vehicle sitting for a whilefor the glue to cure, and he said no. Just couldn't wash the vehicle for 24 hours.

Jeff

I hope it works......yes no more vibrating mirror !!!!!
Still no vibration ?

I went to my dealer this morning (ALBI le gant at Mascouche) and they are aware of the problem (mirror vibration) but they told me they are waiting for Mazda Canada for a TSB prior to work on the problem.... What should I do ?

Vu que tu est du Qubec... As-tu eu des problmes avec la climatisation? Depuis quelques temps sa mne un vacarme de fou quand on met la fan a "4"

Back