Truth about K-Sports?

Speed3.5 said:
can you elaborate on the koni's insert deal that you and jeff have tried allready ??????
maybe we can go from there and make a good set up .

What other info do you want that's not contained in the above mentioned thread? Jeff is the guy to ask for details honestly, because I still have not bought a set of Konis. I'm trying to justify the cost on a car that doesn't currently compete. It would be a good step towards time trials in 08 though...

One suggestion is use camber plates, if allowed in your class, atleast up front with the Konis. You can drill out the stock top mounts to work, but you'll want quick camber adjustment with adjustable shocks

bringing this back from the dead... so what would you consider a decent error margin between dampers? for example, on the softest settings, the ksports seem to be over 25% difference between the fronts, while the konis are only about 14% difference between the two fronts (plot on b15sentra.net). i'm just wondering how konis stack up against other coilovers in this area, and if 14% error between dampers is considered adequate.

Wow, nice to know other are having issues with these. My rears blew not too long ago. The time line works like this:

9/19/05 - 101453 miles on the clock, coilovers installed, including new end links
1/2/07 - 121920 miles, left front strut blew
7/19/07 - 128911 miles, both rears blew
7/28/07 - 129844 left front blew AGAIN as well as end links.

I got replacements for my blown stockers because I thought they would last a bit longer. I was wrong.

PS - I have never raced in my life, nor gone offroading of any kind.

How low did you have them? Running them too low can cause premature failure. Some people don't realize that just because it can adjust that low doesn't mean it should.

How low did you have them? Running them too low can cause premature failure. Some people don't realize that just because it can adjust that low doesn't mean it should.

I agree, but 20,000 miles is still a bit premature, even with every mile of it being on the track.

I believe that track use is usually a lot less abusive to struts than typical road driving. Most tracks are relatively smooth (except for Sebring) as long as you stay on the track. All it takes is one good pothole or bump on a strut that is lowered too far to cause damage.

also how did you lower it? if you were adjusting the spring itself (fine tuning) and not the body (coarse tuning) you are overloading the shock and it is gonna fail quick.

I thought the instructions were clear that you're not supposed to pre-load the spring. Is that wrong?

no thats right, you do not want to preload the springs to the best of my knowledge, but people have overloaded the fine adjustment and they ruin the shock by lowering it by the spring and not the body

Brand New out of the Box.

The Adjustment is for Rebound...

/Discuss

Mr. Jeff sir , i used some of your info and added it to my thread about K Sport coilovers. Hope you dont mind. K Sport USA actually registered to make 2 post defending thier product.

ksportusa said:
LOL, I came across this post and i couldn't believe some of the stuff people say that they are misinformed about. The shop you are referring to that tested them and is saying this is Tri-point, which says koni is much better. Oh, i forgot, they are koni's authorized rebuild center, so of course koni is the best. I think in the original thread on the mazda forum is also where one of our dealers posted a moton shock graph, and the "tester" said it was crap as well thinking it was a ksport graph. But what can we say when a company with a good reputation has to slam another product to increase sales, i guess that is just the nature of the business. We have piles of defective koni (and other brands) shocks here but we do not go bad mouthing them online or any other brand for that fact as it is unprofessional on many levels.

We have never seen these shocks, nor had them returned to us. I would think if someone purchased them they would tell us if they were not happy with them, or if they were mismatched as they say.

If some other people had problems with the quality 1 1/2 years ago, i do apologize you were not happy. We can only say we constantly improve our products over time. Our products are used on rally vehicles by Exedy, Race vehicles by 5zigen and Bomex, and tested on vehicles at Phoenix International Raceway and Cal Speedway on a monthly basis to ensure they meet our standards. Our facilities are now ISO9001 approved and TUV approved to be legal across the world. Our products must be rigoursly tested by many 3rd party examiners to achieve the certifications for the suspension systems, and our have passed.

I apologize again if anyone had any issues with our customer service in the past but we have made staff improvements since so i am sure anyone that deals with our company should be pleased at our improvements.

In mid 2007 we upgraded our shock dyno to provide a more accurate valve range than ever before. Our shocks are tested and developed on an in-house roehrig dyno, which can be found here http://www.roehrigengineering.com/ which is one of the best in the business. For any custom race coilovers or custom valved setups the dyno report can be sent with the kit no problem so you are confident in the product you received.

As for our shock body, they are standard size, and our inverted designs are even thicker build to endure rally and endurance conditions.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 480-829-8100 or at info@ksportusa.com

:bigthumb

Modified by ksportusa at 9:01 AM 1/10/2008

ksportusa said:
Have your friend contact us, refer to this post, and we will do what we can to rectify it for him and restore his confidence.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/295960

Oh , and Mazdas are great cars too (hi)

Too bad my buddy's Ksports blew within 3000 miles. I wouldn't buy Ksports if my life depended upon it. That and the Ksport rep clearly says they had product and service quality issues in the last 1.5yrs... atleast they own up to it.

What do people expect from $600-800 coilovers? Quality products cost money but it appears Ksport is atleast trying to improve their products.

Mr. Jeff sir , i used some of your info and added it to my thread about K Sport coilovers. Hope you dont mind. K Sport USA actually registered to make 2 post defending thier product.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/295960

Oh , and Mazdas are great cars too (hi)

No problem, I wasn't expecting see this thread on other forums. Just to clarify though, I'm not a shock expert on shock valvings but I know what is right from wrong.

These are some OTS "off the shelf" Koni s2000 shocks that we are about to revalve for stock class.

KoniS2KLABEL.jpg

Last edited:
lol im retarded and have no idea what im looking at in that graph...care to be the educator?

lol im retarded and have no idea what im looking at in that graph...care to be the educator?

Please refer to the right hand legend

Shock Part: 8041-1278
2 Test Subjects: #1 and #2
2 Variables: Min (Full Soft) and Max (Full Stiff)
Forces:
a. 0 to -600 is rebound force
b. 0 to 600 is compression force

lol derrrrrr i guess i need to learn how to read first and foremost hahahaha thanks ;)

Back