TPMS for aftermarket wheels?

Mazdamatic

:
Mazda 2 Sport
Have not seen a thread for TPMS. What needs to be done to get some on other wheels. ill need some on my new ones. should i just buy the sensors on ebay and have someone at a tire place install them?

You can buy them from ebay or the dealer and then whoever installs your tires can put them in. They're like normal valve stems just with a computer on them. The TPMS on the Mazda does not need to be programmed either, which is awesome. Apparently the computer recognizes new TPMS sensors.

By the way, rockauto.com has the TPMS sensors for 42.79/ea

You can buy them from ebay or the dealer and then whoever installs your tires can put them in. They're like normal valve stems just with a computer on them. The TPMS on the Mazda does not need to be programmed either, which is awesome. Apparently the computer recognizes new TPMS sensors.
sweet yeah i was told to buy some cheap ones on ebay and theyll do the job. didnt know how to have them installed tho. ty!!!

sweet yeah i was told to buy some cheap ones on ebay and theyll do the job. didnt know how to have them installed tho. ty!!!

Not a problem! You can save 5% on rock auto by putting in this discount code: 88105736211213 good until May 20th

Swapping the sensors over seemed pretty easy if you have the right tools.
I'm not an expert on that but I do know you can switch TPMS over to new wheels.
KC did it for me! He is the man to ask.

hmmm well i found a shop near me recommended by some friends (who are all stanced/lowered/fitment geeks) so ill take it from there =]

ty for the help. i needed it!

12mm socket removes the sensors on our wheels. As long as the person dismounting and mounting the tires knows what they are doing, you won't have a problem of maybe breaking a sensor. If they break one it should be on them for being stupid

Latest posts

Back