Tom Tom SD card

Finally got it. I had to use my laptop. The card reader I had was damaged. Thanks for your help.

My 2014 GT comes with 8 gig SD card.

I'm looking into this a bit more now, thinking of upgrading my card. TT's site is very confusing on this point as they say only SD cards (which have a 2 GB capacity) are supported. Yet I got my 2014 last month and it came with 4 GB, which makes it SDHC and you're saying yours came with 8 GB, which is obviously SDHC.

I'm curious if you know what Class your card is? I'm thinking of buying an 8 GB card as my 4 GB is getting full but don't want to pay for more speed than the NB1 can support. I'd buy a larger capacity card from them, but they don't appear to sell them.

I'm also interested in hearing from anyone else with a Mazda NB1 and what size card they have. I wish TT's site had better information on this subject - kinda frustrating as I don't want to buy something that won't work and, according to their site, what came with the car shouldn't even work.

Because I'm down to about half a gig free. As map updates come in and I add POIs, seems like it's just filling up.

I just heard back from TomTom and they said I can use any 8 GB card (although the ones from the dealer "are optimized for reliability and performance") with a Class of 4 or 6.

SD Card

I'm going to try to find a San Disk Ultra SDHC 8GB Class 4 , this card has a Max. Speed of 15 MB/s, let's see what happens

Last edited:
Fwiw, I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)for $7.99 Prime delivered from Amazon. Should get it Friday. If you don't have a Prime membership, it's got a Special Offers note that says "Free Standard Shipping (3-5 days) on this item from Amazon.com. Simply select Standard Shipping during checkout (no code required)"

Fwiw, I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)for $7.99 Prime delivered from Amazon. Should get it Friday. If you don't have a Prime membership, it's got a Special Offers note that says "Free Standard Shipping (3-5 days) on this item from Amazon.com. Simply select Standard Shipping during checkout (no code required)"

Let us know how you do with a different type of SD card and what class you end up using..... SIDENOTE dodn't you add a post a few days ago about POIs ???

SD Card

My only concern is that I haven't been able to find from the original Mazda SD card, the Maximum Transfer speed or de Class Speed.

I think this is important when selecting a replacement SD card.
If anyone has this info please share.
Thanks

@pancho, if kahuna001's 2014 came with an 8 gb and my car (a month ago) came with a 4 gb, what's "original" may be a fluid concept. Obviously TT's site is wrong because they say the NB1 only supports and SD card, which is limited to 2 gb and nobody's saying their car came with that. TT has told me to use a 4 or 6 Class card. So I think you are good with that, and probably wasting money to buy a Class 10.

My card comes tomorrow, I'll post back how it goes.

@mixmasterlove, not sure of which post you're referring to, but I have posted about POIs as I have been creating my own category and lists. It's actually easier for me to do it on my computer and copy them to my NB1 and also, unlike Favorites, there are no limitations as to amount.

@pancho, if kahuna001's 2014 came with an 8 gb and my car (a month ago) came with a 4 gb, what's "original" may be a fluid concept. Obviously TT's site is wrong because they say the NB1 only supports and SD card, which is limited to 2 gb and nobody's saying their car came with that. TT has told me to use a 4 or 6 Class card. So I think you are good with that, and probably wasting money to buy a Class 10.

My card comes tomorrow, I'll post back how it goes.

@mixmasterlove, not sure of which post you're referring to, but I have posted about POIs as I have been creating my own category and lists. It's actually easier for me to do it on my computer and copy them to my NB1 and also, unlike Favorites, there are no limitations as to amount.

OK. thanks

Worked fine - no problem. Earlier in the day I copied the files from the original Mazda SD disck onto my PC. This afternoon I took the https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) out of the package, copied the files from my computer to the Transcend, stuck it in my Mazda and it booted up just fine. (cheers2)

Did u have to do anything special for tomtom home to recognize the card?? Cause I've alradynoticed that as soon as I put the OEM card into my computer the app noticed it right away.

I didn't do anything to the card. I'm running Windows, not a Mac.

Btw, I know of someone else who grabbed a 32GB SDHC Class 10 he had laying around and tried this, and it worked fine too. If TT is correct, buying a Class 10 is of no use because it will only utilize up to Class 6, but it apparently also works. So if you have another card you're not using, no point in buying one special.

I tried 3 windows 7 computers all aging in range from 1 to 3 years old. I also tried both a built in and external USB card reader. I did try all but the last suggestion from the support site thus far. My camera card reads fine so I am at a loss why the nav card does not read.

Have you tried using one of these USB Multiple Card Readers?

Attachments

• usb-memory-card-reader.jpg
    usb-memory-card-reader.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 132
All good I used an old laptop and everything worked fine. Did you know my February 2013 built cx5 came with a 8 gig card.

Back