TMPS Malfunction (2021 Mazda3)

Hi all,

I have a 2021 Mazda 3, imported from North America. The issue I have had for a while now is that TPMS warning comes on, I take the car to Mazda, they reset it, then say 2 weeks later the light comes back on again, once again I go to Mazda, they reset it and then a few weeks later the same happens. If I check the tyre pressure it is always fine and it is exactly as what the computer shows as well. I wonder why does it fail when it reads the pressure and it is correct.

The car doesn't have a TPMS reset button.

Has anyone had the same issue, any ideas on how to resolve this permanently?

Thank you

I have not encountered this issue. But since the pressure is correct when you check it and Mazda has reset it a few times and it keeps occurring, I would say you have a faulty TPMS sensor. My next step would be to ask the dealer to diagnose and replace as needed.

I have not encountered this issue. But since the pressure is correct when you check it and Mazda has reset it a few times and it keeps occurring, I would say you have a faulty TPMS sensor. My next step would be to ask the dealer to diagnose and replace as needed.
The funny thing is they are saying everything is working fine including the TMPS computer and there could be an issue with one of the TPMS sensors but they don't know which one. Then I take the car to a place where they test the sensors and they say, the sensors are fine and reading. They also said that the issue could be because of cold weather but nothing changes when the weather changes and it hasn't been that call where I live.
The only thing that I can say for sure is that it always happens after the car has been parked not while in motion. So I would park today and then tomorrow morning when I start the car the orange tyre icon flashes and say 15sec later an error displays saying TPMS malfunction, have the vehicle inspected.

Ok but who is telling you that there could be an issue with a sensor and who is telling you that there is nothing wrong? I was under the impression that you had only taken the car back to Mazda who keeps resetting it.

If Mazda is telling you that it could be a bad sensor than I would push them to perform the procedure necessary to determine which one is faulty and replace it. I am going to guess that your 3 is still under warranty?

Ok but who is telling you that there could be an issue with a sensor and who is telling you that there is nothing wrong? I was under the impression that you had only taken the car back to Mazda who keeps resetting it.

If Mazda is telling you that it could be a bad sensor than I would push them to perform the procedure necessary to determine which one is faulty and replace it. I am going to guess that your 3 is still under warranty?
Not under warranty as I'm in Europe and the car is an import from North America. Mazda dealer tells me that they can't find anything wrong and if there is anything that give an error it has to be present when they plug in their computer. So they think that one of the sensors stops communicating for a few seconds and then starts again, which makes no sense as I can see the exact pressure on the infotainment system. There has to be some sort of an issue with this model as the guy that deals with TPMS only who I went to said that he had another Mazda sent to him that was under warranty and had a similar issue, they replaced all 4 sensors, they replaced the unit that connects to the tyres wirelessly and still had the same problem, but then summer came and had no issue until this winter. Hence why I'm assuming there is some general fault on these cars and asking if anyone had experienced and resolved that.
On another forum I read about TMPS emulator that just makes the car believe TMPS is active but is not but disables the error message which is not what I'm looking for as a solution.

@faetsa1 Sorry but I am at a loss then. I have never heard of the issue you are having. More often than not, a replacement sensor will fix the issue. I wish you luck!

Next time you get new tires, have them replace all the sensors...including the spare if it has one.

People forget to check the spare tire.

Back