Tien S-tech's are on the car

macklum

I now have Tien S's on my LX . I did have the MP3 spings . It took me 2 hrs to do the swap .
In the short time i have had the new springs in ,i will say it does make a big difference in the car . Not only is the drop even all around ,3.5" from the edge of the fender to the edge of the rim (17's) .the stance looks great . The car has much less body roll and is more responsive on the turn in . For you Mazda speed owners its an upgrade worth doing .
I still need to get an alignment ,once that is done the should be even better handling .
If you are doing the install yourself you dont have to compress the rears to install them on the strut but the front springs will need to be compressed .
Heres a bit of FYI
Factory springs front 121 lbs/in ,rear 97.5 lbs/in
Mazdaspeed front 145 rear 117.5
Tien S-Tech front 179 rear 145
The Tien's have a 67% increase in spring rate over stock.
All three springs are Linear in there response . (greenpro)

Also interested in seeing pics. I should have them on my MSP this week though and I will snap some pics.

the car with Teins
malcolm1.jpg

Hpim0868.jpg
This is a pic with the side graphics and mazdaspeed springs
Just a word of advice ,if you lower the car be prepared to get camber bolts . I set my alignment up with them . I wanted -1 degree camber all around and couldnt get it with the stock bolts .plus I moved the front stut bearing plates to change the caster as well

Last edited:
Damn I was going to get these springs because I was looking for some that would make the front lower than the rear...I saw someone on here with a blue lx that had these same springs and the s-tech's gave him the type of drop I was looking for. Hey macklum do you have a system in your trunk weighing it down to make it look like an even drop or what??

I do have a system ,it weighs approx 100 lbs . I have had the system out and had no change in the ride height . Tein lists the drop as 1.8 " up front and 1.4 " in the rear for the sedan

2k3 PrO RiDa said:
Damn I was going to get these springs because I was looking for some that would make the front lower than the rear...
you've also got to imagine that the springs haven't settled yet...
the front may drop a bit more but overall that's prolly where it'll sit.

looks good Macklum (cool)

Looks good. I'm installing my Teins and Tokico HP's this Saturday, I want more negative camber but I can't use camber bolts beacuse they are illegal in my autox class.

sjdmp5 said:
Looks good. I'm installing my Teins and Tokico HP's this Saturday, I want more negative camber but I can't use camber bolts beacuse they are illegal in my autox class.
I dont know if this is legal for autocrossing but you could make the the bottom bolt hole oblong and get you adjustment that way .

Back