Thoughts On Special Ordering CX-5 with All the Options or ???????????

Panther

Zoomer not a Boomer
Contributor
:
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT AWD with TECH PKG / i-ActivSense
Thoughts On Special Ordering CX-5 ( Additional Question)

Howdy All,

Ready to pull the trigger on finally getting my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD,
White / with Black Interior, with the Tech Pkg, I-ActivSense, AWD these
are somewhat rare birds here in Texas. There's a few around but
I'm wanting to purchase it with all the Options I want already
on it or installed, like the Mazda Mobile Start, Roof Side Rails,
Mudflaps, moonroof deflector, side window deflectors, door sill
plates, retractable cargo cover, soft cargo cover, and last but
not least wheel locks.

I've gotten a lot of really good help and suggestions
from all the members on this forum and especially
a close few.

My question is, would you Special Order a new CX-5 with all
these options already ordered and installed or get one of the
locally available ones that have the AWD, Tech Pkg, and I-Activsense,
and then let the dealership of choice install the other options for me?
The one that I'm most concerned about a local dealer doing is the Mazda
Mobile Start, I realize this is very new and not much is know about it, but it's
something that I'm really wanting.

So, I'd appreciate y'alls thoughts and views. I'm pretty handy with things
but have gotten older now, and I guess my mindset is if there are problems
are mistakes made installing these options that I'd like for the dealer to be
responsible for correcting them instead of me having to :D

Take Care,

CK

Last edited:
AFAIK, all the "accessories" options are dealer install. The cars only come from the factory with or without the two packages, and of course the different color combos. The dealer configures the rest to your specification.

Even if you special order a CX-5 GT AWD, you most likely can only order GT Tech and i-ActvSense packages. The rest, including Mazda Mobile Start, will be dealer installed accessories and installed by a local dealer. Some of them may be able to get installed at port of entry, such as Roof Side Rails, hence it will be listed on the original Mazda window sticker but that is very rare. If you don't see the items listed on the Mazda window sticker, that will be local dealer installed accessories.

If you are handy you can install 90% of these things with your eyes closed. Get the GT with packages you want and have at it. As others noted, all accessories are dealer installed.

Howdy All,

Thanks so much for your different perspectives, and I can see once again,
I've over-thought and over-complicated things much more than what they
needed to be. I'd just had it in my mind these last few years that this would
be the way for me to get "exactly" what I wanted, now I see that it's obtainable
without Special Ordering per say.

Take Care,

CK

I ordered mine with all I wanted (roof deflector, rear bumper protector, front/rear mud guards, trailer hitch/harness, front/rear winter trays, rubber cargo tray). Parts quality and installation expertise are known. Your new vehicle is ready for the road as soon as you're called by the dealer to come in and be introduced to it. I was able as part of the purchase price to include these extras at a reduced cost and a labour charge waiver.Just writin'.

Brian

I ordered mine with all I wanted (roof deflector, rear bumper protector, front/rear mud guards, trailer hitch/harness, front/rear winter trays, rubber cargo tray). Parts quality and installation expertise are known. Your new vehicle is ready for the road as soon as you're called by the dealer to come in and be introduced to it. I was able as part of the purchase price to include these extras at a reduced cost and a labour charge waiver.Just writin'.

Brian

Howdy Brian,

Thanks very much for your reply, I was starting to think I was the only one<G> I know I'm a little overly compulsive
about these things but when you buy a vehicle every 14-15yrs it's kind of a big deal, and this one might be my last
one since I've just retired so won't be putting all those daily miles on it and the daily wear and tear.

Take Care,

CK

According to TrueCar many of the options you want can be installed at the Port (remote start, roof rails, door sill plates, wheel locks). If those are options you desire and don't mind waiting, I would custom order and have them installed at the Port, otherwise you may have the dealer mark them up over list price.

...when you buy a vehicle every 14-15yrs it's kind of a big deal, and this one might be my last
one...
CK

More than you know. I too am retired, and the vehicle my CX-5 replaced I bought new and kept 13.5 years before selling to the neighbours kid. I can look out the window and see it parked across the street...and she's taking good care of the old Volvo.

Brian

According to TrueCar many of the options you want can be installed at the Port (remote start, roof rails, door sill plates, wheel locks). If those are options you desire and don't mind waiting, I would custom order and have them installed at the Port, otherwise you may have the dealer mark them up over list price.

Morning Mingm,

Thanks for the reply and info, and I found that exact thing to happen yesterday during some online neo. they wanted almost 6-700 dollars to install Roof Rails and Mazda Mobile Start over the cost of
the options themselves. Really was kind of a shock to have that put into the equation. So, Special Ordering is the way I'm going.

Take Care,

CK

More than you know. I too am retired, and the vehicle my CX-5 replaced I bought new and kept 13.5 years before selling to the neighbours kid. I can look out the window and see it parked across the street...and she's taking good care of the old Volvo.

Brian

Morning Brian,

I love it !!! That's pretty cool about being able to see it across the street<G>
I've had my Truck for 15yrs now, and the one before that for 14 so it's kind of
dramatic thing to get a new one and let an old friend go !!!

Congratulations on your Retirement, My New Retirement Motto is
"Everyday is Saturday, and I Love Saturdays"

Take Care,

CK

Howdy CK!
Glad to see you are closer to getting that CX-5 you have been dreaming about for quite awhile!

Howdy CK!
Glad to see you are closer to getting that CX-5 you have been dreaming about for quite awhile!

Howdy Skorpio,

Good to See from you<G> It's been a while since I started my quest, almost over,
but not getting "Toooo" excited during the negotiations process. Hoping to get something
finalized in the next week or so, one things I'm not in a hurry !!!

Thanks for Remembering !!! I've really learned a lot about not only the CX-5 but cars
in general Thanks to this Forum.

Take Care,

CK

Howdy All,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on if The Dealers don't / won't give as good
of pricing on Special Ordered Cars verses a Car the Dealer has on the Lot or can Trade
for another one?

I'm finding that they're not willing to come down off the MSRP like a lot of others are
posting their numbers on here, and certainly not below Invoice.

Appreciate your thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks and Take Care,

CK

Back