The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

This was on my Facebook memories...
46669_428929701924_6115657_n.jpg

Definitely miss it some days.

Does anyone know if having a non-functioning parking brake can adversely affect the normal operation of the caliper? Looks like one of the rebuilt rear calipers for the RX-7 is defective but the normal hydraulic action still works.

Does anyone know if having a non-functioning parking brake can adversely affect the normal operation of the caliper? Looks like one of the rebuilt rear calipers for the RX-7 is defective but the normal hydraulic action still works.

I have a set of parking brake delete rear calipers from my race rx7 that have all of the parking brake pars removed and the outside of the caliper cut off, so I don't think you need the parking brake part of the caliper.

I have a set of parking brake delete rear calipers from my race rx7 that have all of the parking brake pars removed and the outside of the caliper cut off, so I don't think you need the parking brake part of the caliper.

That's what I figured. Why remove them for racing; simplify the system for less sources of failure? Did the FB's with rear disk breaks have calipers with two bleed valves? My understanding is the bleed valves should always be located above the source fitting so I never understood why FC's had two valves: one upper and one lower.

The bleeders are on top only. I didn't mod the calipers they came that way and there isn't a parking brake handle in the car.

The bleeders are on top only. I didn't mod the calipers they came that way and there isn't a parking brake handle in the car.

Did you ever have to adjust brake pedal "free play" in any of your cars? Mine is out-of-spec, but in order to bring it into spec I have to adjust the pedal height all the way out so it contacts the stop. At that point the pedal "height" is now out of spec. It's odd because the free play and height adjustments involve the same actions according to the FSM.

Did you ever have to adjust brake pedal "free play" in any of your cars? Mine is out-of-spec, but in order to bring it into spec I have to adjust the pedal height all the way out so it contacts the stop. At that point the pedal "height" is now out of spec. It's odd because the free play and height adjustments involve the same actions according to the FSM.

No I never had to adjust them.

It's been 8 days...figured I'd post something. New Mazda concept seems cool, like an updated Eunos Cosmo which I found one on Ebay for $19k and looked awesome.

The AutoEXE kit really does make that car stand out. I would so love to have one of those for a cruiser. Too bad parts would be hard to nearly impossible to find and it appears that example would need some.

I so love 1980s automotive styling.
80's-90's love. Nothing wrong with that.
The AutoEXE kit really does make that car stand out. I would so love to have one of those for a cruiser. Too bad parts would be hard to nearly impossible to find and it appears that example would need some.

That would be the downside to owning one. That and I think you would essentially have to be the car's mechanic. Not necessarily be able to do everything, but know how it needs to be done correctly.

My Facebook feed has gone crazy with people selling their projects before winter. Lots of second gen Camaros for pretty cheap that appear to be in much better shape has me rethinking mine.

It seems weird to refer to 80's and 90's cars as classic. I think late 80's/early 90's are my favorite. 93/94 being my cutoff because that's when the 3rd Gen. Camaro's, Fox-Body Mustangs, and FC RX-7's died off and cars like the FD RX-7 and MkIV Supras came out.

IT is weird to think about it, and get excited when you see a clean one. There was a nice, pretty much stock '89 (I think, the more boxy one) crx si at the local cars & coffee and I got super excited and the 22-ish year old guy I was talking to looked at me crazy.

What am I missing besides the front bumper, steering wheel and driver seat? Looks damn good for 25 years.

What am I missing besides the front bumper, steering wheel and driver seat? Looks damn good for 25 years.

Steering wheel, driver's seat, and the radio. That aftermarket one looks ugly as hell and doesn't flow with the car. Also, those cars were very "integrated;" almost like today's cars. With the aftermarket radio and age, who knows what of those systems still work.

Back