The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

me too, it made my work day much more enjoyable. Oh well, it's Saturday, On to the house projects!

I agree, even though I was never a posting *****. I've been plowing snow and working ot the past few days. I've been running on an average of 4 hrs of sleep a night. I've been making a shopping list of car parts for the rx7 just maintance stuff for now and I will need to order race tires and a few other small parts for the race car soon.

Last edited:
I've just been busy, can't spend so much time on here while I'm at work, and when I;m not I'm trying to find another part time job since I got screwed at the last one. Also, I'm moving to another apartment within the next couple of weeks so I'm organizing and clearing stuff. You know, grown up stuff.

MS6 is still running great, even with a couple of nuances that just freak me out but seems to be nothing at all. Can't stand not being able to wash it, it's so dirty...

GL with school and that potential promotion Nate! Sounds like you made a good impression in that meeting.

I haven't done much with cars either, too damn cold and limited by injuries. Bought our daughter a powered sub for the P5 for Christmas but looks like I'll end up paying someone to install it.

GL in your job search Pablo and congrats on the new pad! All growed up. *sniff* haha

I've just been busy, can't spend so much time on here while I'm at work, and when I;m not I'm trying to find another part time job since I got screwed at the last one. Also, I'm moving to another apartment within the next couple of weeks so I'm organizing and clearing stuff. You know, grown up stuff.

MS6 is still running great, even with a couple of nuances that just freak me out but seems to be nothing at all. Can't stand not being able to wash it, it's so dirty...

How's the tune coming along?

You test drive the new 6 yet?

I have driven the manual and auto, drives great. Would definitively consider one if I could afford a 3rd car again, or if they came out with a Speed version.

GL with school and that potential promotion Nate! Sounds like you made a good impression in that meeting.

I haven't done much with cars either, too damn cold and limited by injuries. Bought our daughter a powered sub for the P5 for Christmas but looks like I'll end up paying someone to install it.

GL in your job search Pablo and congrats on the new pad! All growed up. *sniff* haha

I got a call back from Buffalo Wild Wings this morning, I'm starting training on Wednesday!

And the new place makes more sense financially, they increased my rent from $445 to $475 for the year for a 1 bedroom, so I'm getting a 2 bedroom for $510 (since i have a bunch of crap in my living room).

How's the tune coming along?

slow, we were having some issues with the email communication so now I'm waiting for an update. Still running super rich, my last MPG was 17.6... yeah

PP: Let me know if you need help with the move. Are you staying in the same Complex or totally relocating? Also, for the Glock, you try Frog Lube yet?

I
I have to say, it's so nice not having to worry about cars as much I use to. The Focus shouldn't need anything for a long time and I dont plan on modifying it like I did the Mazda. I just put four tires on the wife's car, and I'll be doing brakes on it in the spring, but it should be good for a few more years.

+1 it's been great doing nothing to the wagon except change wheels and oil changes.

I have that with the truck, just fix something if it breaks, otherwise I just drive it haha
And I'll be honest once the miata is running correctly I don't foresee screwing with it. Just drive both and enjoy them

You test drive the new 6 yet?
I test drove a GT when I was car shopping and loved it. didn't feel underpowered to me. The power of the focus st was more fun though.

Thanks!
I have that with the truck, just fix something if it breaks, otherwise I just drive it haha
And I'll be honest once the miata is running correctly I don't foresee screwing with it. Just drive both and enjoy them
exactly.

17.6 isn't that bad, Peaches ... Lol

I've been getting 250 miles a tank for the past 8 months.

Text him, I've probably been slowing down the process with all the s*** he's had to tinker with on my car lol.

PP: Let me know if you need help with the move. Are you staying in the same Complex or totally relocating? Also, for the Glock, you try Frog Lube yet?

same complex, 2 buildings over. I actually sold the Glock, got an AR to replace it.

17.6 isn't that bad, Peaches ... Lol

I've been getting 250 miles a tank for the past 8 months.

Text him, I've probably been slowing down the process with all the s*** he's had to tinker with on my car lol.

I'll send him another message sometime this week

Nice upgrade PP! Lemme know if you need help with move or tech support with the upgrade!

The garage is a mess. I almost have the RX7 down to bare sheet metal except for some random plastic screw anchors I can't get out. I managed to break only one stud and fortunately it's on a part that'll be replaced. I have an entire section of the garage dedicated to labeled bags of hardware.

Still debating about going with a fiberglass/lexan hatch. The pros are significantly less weight and less complexity (no release cable, lock, or sensors needed). The cons are inconvenient opening method (multiple Dzus fasteners), and no security (i.e. locks). Thoughts?

The garage is a mess. I almost have the RX7 down to bare sheet metal except for some random plastic screw anchors I can't get out. I managed to break only one stud and fortunately it's on a part that'll be replaced. I have an entire section of the garage dedicated to labeled bags of hardware.

Still debating about going with a fiberglass/lexan hatch. The pros are significantly less weight and less complexity (no release cable, lock, or sensors needed). The cons are inconvenient opening method (multiple Dzus fasteners), and no security (i.e. locks). Thoughts?

Is it a lift off or does it connect to the hinges?

New Ford GT http://jalopnik.com/ford-gt-this-is-it-1678893649?rev=1421073124631
zdzde7vqrmmm4k6rv5mj.jpg

Just not sure. Looks kinda long and void of Human touch for lack of a better word.
attachment.php

Is it a lift off or does it connect to the hinges?

The simplest, easiest option is a lift off with 6 Dzus fasteners. There may be a way to incorporate the stock hinges and use 4 Dzus fasteners though. There might be a way to incorporate the stock hinges and catches (and therefore locks) but that would require some creativity. Another thought would be to use two lockable Aerocatch fasteners instead of the stock catches.

The simplest, easiest option is a lift off with 6 Dzus fasteners. There may be a way to incorporate the stock hinges and use 4 Dzus fasteners though. There might be a way to incorporate the stock hinges and catches (and therefore locks) but that would require some creativity. Another thought would be to use two lockable Aerocatch fasteners instead of the stock catches.

I was going to suggest the Aerocatch if it used the hinges. I think it would be a giant inconvenience to have a lift off hatch if you're also driving to the track. You'll probably put stuff for the day/weekend back there you'll need to get to and need at least one or two people to help. If your going to use a trailer it's a non issue.

I bought a 93 MX6 a couple weeks ago for $500. I conned Will into driving out to MD with his truck/trailer and bring it back. It was freezing rain 70% of the drive. I thought it was just a leaky VC gasket but it's dumping oil from a crank seal so I'm going to swap the motor. Keeping this one stock for a DD though so I won't have to worry about getting to work the next day after a track day with the MS6.

The MX6 is pretty clean though, no rust, manual tranny, KL V6. There was some light front end damage that I was able to straighten out. Going to buff/wax it while I'm saving money for the replacement motor. Should be a nice commuter though for the rainy days I can't ride the bike.

Back