The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I had Big G and Mrs. G at the house this weekend for Petit. Tons of fun and lots of racing. I walked home with a Continental Tire backpack cooler thingy and a Freedom T-shirt.

Daytona needs to hurry up and be here!

10704058_689151717841993_6486853390192422330_n.jpg

1904191_688670004556831_7404423092059878759_n.jpg

what is this e-check everyone is talking about?

not in pink font soooo... its emissions check. Makes sure your car isn't polluting the earth. Pain in the ass is all it is

I had Big G and Mrs. G at the house this weekend for Petit. Tons of fun and lots of racing. I walked home with a Continental Tire backpack cooler thingy and a Freedom T-shirt.

Daytona needs to hurry up and be here!

10704058_689151717841993_6486853390192422330_n.jpg

1904191_688670004556831_7404423092059878759_n.jpg

Since this got lost on the bottom of the last page......

I'm already looking forward to Daytona as well. My Dad, Uncle, and I are talking about doing Daytona and Sebring this year.

I think the racing has been pretty good the last couple of races. The TV coverage for Petit was unbelievably bad. I only found 2 hours of the 10 hour race that were televised. Is that correct?

Coverage has been awful. I haven't watched a race since Sebring. Probably more to do with Fox than IMSA, though. This year's coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans was also laughable.

I thought Le Mans coverage was fine? They televised all but 1-1.5 hours.

I think the racing has been pretty good the last couple of races. The TV coverage for Petit was unbelievably bad. I only found 2 hours of the 10 hour race that were televised. Is that correct?
The last couple that I watched parts of were better. Fox Sports 2 had the first 4ish and the last hour-ish. It was bumped for UFC and MLB playoffs
Coverage has been awful. I haven't watched a race since Sebring. Probably more to do with Fox than IMSA, though. This year's coverage of the 24 Hours of Le Mans was also laughable.
Fox is just terrible.

Fox Sports 1 is trying to be the new ESPN.. Remember, it was the old SPEED channel.

Don't blame Fox as a whole.. (ok, maybe you can)

Fox Sports 2 showed either 6 or 8 hours of it on Saturday. I watched a good bit of it. They aired the abridged version on Sunday.

Well damn it. I searched for it but the only listing that came up was the short version on Sunday.

I think the Conti Series has the better racing, all around. I think the production of the Tudor Series is piss poor as they focus mainly on the Prototypes, whereas the GTD and GTLM, as well as the PTC Cars are better! FOX Sports is so, so in their overall coverage......They should have kept the Speed Producers as opposed to the FOX ones....Speed has superior coverage over FOX by far!

I don't have a problem with the prototypes getting the most exposure. They are have the largest investment in the series in terms of equipment and operating costs, they should have an opportunity to recoup that via sponsorship which comes with the most TV coverage. Plus it is the "marquee" class in the series, so it makes sense that it gets the most coverage.

I think that when I have watched the races they've covered whichever class has the best battle. But they are always going to keep tabs on the race leader which is always going to be a prototype.

I think the Conti Series has the better racing, all around.

Fact and truth.

Edit: I was noticing from 10A and 10B that the GTD and GTLM cars were carrying more speed through the turns and had to slow down for the Prototypes.......

It was only when they went over the hill did they gain speed and power past them.

Last edited:
Need storage wheels and tires for my miata. 4x100 14-16" don't care what they look like just as long as the tires hold air. I'm in Medina, OH so within reason for cheap wheels.

Back