The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'm picking up shelves today for movie storage in the living room, then picking up a couch tomorrow. Other than that, maybe touch the 6. Mostly just relax at home and enjoy the snow. We are doing lunch with friends Sunday though.

lmao

Clicky Clicky

"You guys give people a voice, poor people like myself, you guys give people a voice," said Tillman. "I can't afford an attorney for this kind of thing, so I have to fight the best way I can. You guys got my back, you're on my side, I certainly agree with that."
That's him in front of his Mercedes

car-title_1393524683435_3169471_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
putting as much of the car back together that I can Saturday then going to help John with his garage and oven. Sunday is still unknown, anyone want to hang out?

Not to change the subject, but as I mentioned last week I met a guy who shoots videos for Cobb and can get a great discount on parts if you let them use your car for the install how-to video. I don't really need any Cobb parts so I'll pass it along to my friends.

They are looking for an MS6 and a GenWon MS3. Pretty much all the parts available for the MS6 and some parts for the MS3. So if you guys have your OE parts or stock parts available with your aftermarket parts and want to switch up to Cobb parts please let me know and I'll get you in touch with Pat from Cobb. Thanks!

Was suppose to go the Akron tomorrow so I can make my annual trip to the Cleveland Auto show with my buddy but I'm canceling because of this stupid storm that's rolling through. Might push it back to next weekend.

We are going to Detroit for a monster truck show (Andrew is a huge fan). Not looking forward to driving in the snow storm, but the tickets and the hotel are paid for and non refundable. While we are that close we might hit the Henry Ford Museum, Cabella's, and bass pro shop. We shall see.

Going to the auto show tonight, I have an extra ticket if anyone would like to go (for today only). They are open until 11p for dealers appreciation night.

I, for one, am sick of everyone just coming out and blasting s*** for the sake of making your presence known on the webs of inter. Whoopdie do. I was taught long ago that if you really want to make an impact that lasts, stay quiet.

I would formally like to make my presence known.

It get's really old and some of the idiotic rhetoric is assinine! As I stated in that thread, I hated that Mazda went away from its model for Speeds, going beyond the 2 years........in all honesty, I think some of the base is worse than the SRT-4 fanbois.......my JBR knob is just fine and so are the ones in the I-Moto MS3's too! I think those guys know how to shift though!

Preach Godfather!

Someday I'd like to meet the "new" (now you've all been established here a long time) guys. This core group has me almost thinking the Mazdaspeed platform hasn't entirely taken a dump. I would say that last year around this time I was pretty much ashamed I drove an MS3 and have owned one for 5+ years...

Probably putting 300 or so miles on the car by going down to Amish country and some curvy roads tomorrow.

Not sure about Sunday.

Chippy, there are some quality new folks since you took your hiatus. Sho, Jake, the Pittsburgh guys. There are the bad apples, but you'll have those anywhere. And they've been around here too... Just not as prevalent. The real problem is that everyone seems to have some reason to have to prove themselves. They can't admit they don't know everything, or that someone is better than them. They have to instantly shoot down ideas and comments that don't fit their already predetermined mindset. In come the trolls... Who also feel they need to prove something. Perpetual cluster ****. I'm not thrilled to be associated with the new generation of Miata owners, but I've found it easier to latch on to quality people and ignore all else. I'm happier that way

No, can't stand them, but you aren't going to get rid of them at all. Easier to ignore. Hell, I've been known to do my share of trolling.

To be completely honest, I'm 1 quick move away from pulling out of everything completely. Just need to cut the cord and I know I'll be happier over all.

Sorry Patrick! You young guys all seem more like OG's so I forgot about how long (or not long) I've known you. I fixed my post.

Moving silver into the garage and cleaning up the storage unit
Progress!

We have some down time at work on mandatory Sunday so I figured I'd give you guys a random question to start off the week.

For $25k or less, what is a unique weekend cars & coffee/cruiser type car you would like to have in your fictitious 6 car garage?

so here are some cars I found:

I posted this guy in the Sickest rides thread, all ways thought these were cool for a big 2-door. It has a Grand Touring feel and I think it would make for a great road trip car. Might be fun on the track too. With this one you might be able to meet Wayne Carinie.
524173_1389358799_1.jpg

524173_1389358807_2.jpg

524173_1389358814_3.jpg

524173_1389359384_30.jpg

Link to ad

sub $8k for a Lancia! not a Delta or a Stratos though...
160944_779f1fdda1_low_res.JPG

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

and one of the best styled sedans EVER. (ok that might just be me) The Alfa Romeo 164S. Didn't find any for sale but they are usually around $10k and lower. If I do ever hit the lottery I will try to find one of these.
1991_Alfa_Romeo_164S_For_Sale_Side_resize.jpg

1991_Alfa_Romeo_164S_For_Sale_Front_Three_Quarter_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Back