The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

That's a problem though, at least one I've been running into. It needs swapped with someone semi-local who has a stock exhaust, and most P5'ers around already have exhausts. lol Shipping to someone out of state would be atrocious, then you'd need to have them send theirs first so there's no down time, or deal with the down time. Plus, the guy welded everything together from the J-Pipe back for some dumb ass reason, so it would need cut up and rewelded.

True. Doesn't really matter now although I am thinking of getting some 15's and throwing all seasons on the p5 when I get my refund but odds are it will got to wedding, baby, then msp if anything is left

If this deal happens, I might be in a rim situation too. He's got winter wheels and tires on his car now, but I have to imagine he'd want to keep those for the MS6. I would likely have to include my winter setup with my car though, leaving me with summer tires on the 6 wagon. lol

They may not fit the ms6 brakes so you might be ok. I don't know what they're fitment is

Yeah... highly doubt it's adjustable, I was talking more like, can I wire in a potentiometer and use resistance or something to have a little knob to fine tune the resistance to my liking. Before I did that I'd figure out how to make the rear window wiper only wipe ONCE instead of 3x... dealer said they can't change that. It drives me NUTS!

interesting thought, I'm sure you can do that, the problem would be finding the place to tap into the circuit and put the POT on without disturbing the unit. Without a diagram of the circuit it would take some time to figure it out, calculate resistances and determine the range of the POT. It would be better to have a spare rack to experiment on before actually doing it on the car.

We can figure it out if you get your hands on a spare rack, I'm sure we can borrow some of Phens tools

corey i dont get why you need 3 sets of wheels. why not just 2.
BECAUSE I CAN! lol

2 is ideal, but why not. Don't be hate'n Adam. You know you are going to want to buy a set off of me 2 months from now.

I love this whole back and forth thing too. Making me laugh during class though.

lol.

and i dont want no racing harts ;) but what tires are gonna be on which wheels? id keep your 16s to the track, black rhs to snow, and new rhs that will innevitably be painted macaroni orange to the streets.

Probably bronze for street and orange for track. I'm not a huge fan of flashy rims on the road.

as long as one set of wheels is macaroni, im gonna try and get some probe swirlies for the track and paint em red.

mazda 2 guys:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120126/MOTORSPORTS/120129885
Mazda 2 B-Spec kits should sell for about $2,600 from Mazdaspeed Motorsports when they officially go on sale soon. The kit includes Bilstein coil-overs, front and rear springs, rear bar, strut bearing plate, a cat-back exhaust, braided stainless brake lines, front brake pads, air filter, oil cooler and an A/C delete kit.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120126/MOTORSPORTS/120129885#ixzz1kb9t8l7U

interesting thought, I'm sure you can do that, the problem would be finding the place to tap into the circuit and put the POT on without disturbing the unit. Without a diagram of the circuit it would take some time to figure it out, calculate resistances and determine the range of the POT. It would be better to have a spare rack to experiment on before actually doing it on the car.

We can figure it out if you get your hands on a spare rack, I'm sure we can borrow some of Phens tools
If the circuit is on all data I can get it... I'll look for it :)

AC delete sounds interesting. Also, wonder what pads they spec.

If this deal happens, I might be in a rim situation too. He's got winter wheels and tires on his car now, but I have to imagine he'd want to keep those for the MS6. I would likely have to include my winter setup with my car though, leaving me with summer tires on the 6 wagon. lol

And what about your summer wheels? I know a guy that may be interested in those if they are 17". For that matter I may want to do a little horse trade for your winter set up for my stock alloys and mis-matched (but decent) tires.

I love Mishimoto. Just heard back from them about more parts for the partial sponsorship for the MSP. Can't wait to get home and file out the paper work are get ready for some modding.
1. FMIC
2. Full performance radiator
3. Dual slim fan shroud
Just will have to get a good tune and some other odds and ends. SMF here I come!

Yeah don't forget about me! Still fighting with the insurance company over this whole bull. If there's something that could be worked out, Josuep5 your car is just so damn clean.

Juat went back to none tinted tail lights and no more slight crack in the right rear. Weird seeing them with regular lenses again, but it looks clean again. Definitely going to have a set of the RH's redone and powder coated with the OEM finish

Back