The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

That video isn't working.

"This video is unavailable"

Edit- now it's up.

Last edited:
Very nice! The improvement compared to the first video you posted from last year is tremendous. Still have some things to iron out but in general the line looks pretty good.

I keep forgetting about the Ohio section... but I'm loving my Mazda2. Even with bad all seasons for now...

attachment.php

I'm currently scheming a way to get some Koni 8610 inserts in the stock strut housings with a possibility of GC coilover sleeves to make DIY coilovers that don't suck.

I was approached by NORA to see if the OMS and the local NE Ohio guys and gals would be interested in signing up for their July 27, 2014 event @ Lorain Speedway. $30 for 6-8 runs, $10 cheaper and 2-4 more runs and we get to have our own run group! As soon as the event is opened up, I will post of the Registration Link.

I didn't want to post on the OMS page in fear of scaring away the newbs, but how is this going to work? Is it a regularly scheduled auto-x and all the Mazdas will just run in their own group? I couldn't imagine just having an OMS event since their will only be 5 OMS guys to show up.

Not trying to be a downer. Maybe I'm just annoyed that I post auto-x stuff all the time in OMS and no one in there runs. You post an "OMS only event" and everyone is like "Oh sweet, auto-x? I've always wanted to check that out.".

2266491-meme_are_you_kidding_me.png

I would be surprised if there was enough OMS cars to actually have their "own" run group, let alone event... (Marlon, you posted event on OMS and here you said run group. Run group is more feasible, but in my mind still unlikely.)

Not trying to be a downer. Maybe I'm just annoyed that I post auto-x stuff all the time in OMS and no one in there runs. You post an "OMS only event" and everyone is like "Oh sweet, auto-x? I've always wanted to check that out.".

I thought the same thing. Sadly I will be a part of the OMS crowd that doesn't make it.

Yeah, don't think there would be enough people for a run group. The lower price will attract some people over NEO, and they run a solid event. I haven't seen their schedule, are all their events they same dates as NEO?

From Facebook:

Steve Vyn said:
Hey everyone - I am on the NORA staff and can add some information to this event.

First, it is an open event, but we're going to have a Ohio Mazdaspeed Class so everyone in the club can run together and compete on raw time or we can adjust the results based off the pax adjustment based on what the club would like.

Registration will be at www.racerslane.com - Event 2 was rained out, so it will show event 2 for July 27th momentarily when its updated.

First car off at 10am, so be there by roughly 8am to get registered, get your car teched, and do your course walks.

Also - there are a few Nora specific rules that other clubs may not have. First, no passengers for novice drivers. There will be experienced drivers that can/will ride along to ensure you have a safe experience and see the course properly.
The other guideline is for taped on numbers - we've found that printing our numbers on paper and then taping the paper to the car works much better. If possible, do this ahead of time if you normally use tape.

There are loaner helmets available for novice drivers as well.

Back