The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

I would be surprised if there was enough OMS cars to actually have their "own" run group, let alone event... (Marlon, you posted event on OMS and here you said run group. Run group is more feasible, but in my mind still unlikely.)

I meant run group, obviously! Sorry for the confusion, guys! Working on several similar projects!

I didn't want to post on the OMS page in fear of scaring away the newbs, but how is this going to work? Is it a regularly scheduled auto-x and all the Mazdas will just run in their own group? I couldn't imagine just having an OMS event since their will only be 5 OMS guys to show up.

Not trying to be a downer. Maybe I'm just annoyed that I post auto-x stuff all the time in OMS and no one in there runs. You post an "OMS only event" and everyone is like "Oh sweet, auto-x? I've always wanted to check that out.".

2266491-meme_are_you_kidding_me.png

That's kinda how I felt when I used to autocross a lot with the Protege back in the day and everyone in here was like "Why would you want to run around a parking lot? That seems kinda dumb..."

That's kinda how I felt when I used to autocross a lot with the Protege back in the day and everyone in here was like "Why would you want to run around a parking lot? That seems kinda dumb..."

I thought that very same thing about autocross. After doing it a couple of times I dig it. I'd like to do it again some day.

I always thought it would be fun. But I had no idea how to get into it. Then I watched you and Marlon at Thistledown (I think?) years ago and wanted to give it a try. Thankfully we have a great group of Mazda owners who helped me out and held my hand (and still do, haha) so the transition was pretty simple.

I can say from experience that it will be on the actual track of Lorain County Speedway, banked turns & all (oval track). There is a road that kinda cuts through center portion of the track

Yeah, and it looks pretty boring. Just slaloms. I would prefer to go to Lakeland but it will be fun to go school some of the OMS guys. And help out, of course.

Like Will said this morning "You have your choice, bad oval track or bad parking lot.". lol

Ninja'ed.

I think some people feel that they'll embarrass themselves by doing it........looking at a bunch of cones can and not understanding what do do etc......they may feel more comfortable with a group of people they know. Tim and Ryan are hooked, so hopefully more will come out.

I offer ride alongs or help with registration and class stuff to make it easy to get into auto-x. Remember last fall/winter when everyone on OMS was saying they can't wait to get into auto-x in 2014? One event in Toledo. That's it. Weaksauce.

I offer ride alongs or help with registration and class stuff to make it easy to get into auto-x. Remember last fall/winter when everyone on OMS was saying they can't wait to get into auto-x in 2014? One event in Toledo. That's it. Weaksauce.

I knocked my wife up, that's my excuse. :)

Back