The Hip Hop/ Rap / R&B Album Review Thread

I like to stick to underground stuff myself, and being a bay area man ANDRE NICKATINA FUGGIN' RULES! lol he's not the best lyricist, but its like he puts subliminal messages in his music to sell, there's just something about them that gets me stuck on every word he says. His old stuff was alot better, his new stuff *shrug*. No he aint hyphy...

My top 5, though its tough to rank them against each other

1.Gangstarr
2.Wu-Tang
3.NWA
4.The Roots
5.2-PAC

Other favorites, Beastie Boys, Nas, Cypress Hill, Notorious, DJ Muggs, Fugees (5 mic album!), Gravediggaz, J5, Mobb Deep (old stuff), Scarface (The Diary), Talib Kweli, Mos Def.

My top 5, though its tough to rank them against each other

1.Gangstarr
2.Wu-Tang
3.NWA
4.The Roots
5.2-PAC

Other favorites, Beastie Boys, Nas, Cypress Hill, Notorious, DJ Muggs, Fugees (5 mic album!), Gravediggaz, J5, Mobb Deep (old stuff), Scarface (The Diary), Talib Kweli, Mos Def.

Get out of my CD case. I knew someone was in there rearranging things.:D

Top 5 are:
1. Eightball and MJG
2. UGK
3. Goodie Mob
4. 2 Pac
5. Outkast - ATaliens

Others are: Tela, Gravediggaz, Bone Thugs, Eazy E, NWA, Too $hort, Snoop Dog, E40, Wu Tang.

Get out of my CD case. I knew someone was in there rearranging things.:D

Top 5 are:
1. Eightball and MJG
2. UGK
3. Goodie Mob
4. 2 Pac
5. Outkast - ATaliens

Others are: Tela, Gravediggaz, Bone Thugs, Eazy E, NWA, Too $hort, Snoop Dog, E40, Wu Tang.

Awww s***...Gravediggaz. They still around?

Six Feet Deep was the s***. I still remember that whole album...drove around listening to that and puffin' waaay too much, lol.

Good list man(first)

Kanye's CD sux imo, i want my money back. 'Stronger' is the only song he has going for him.....Shoulda picked up 50's album.

.....Also picked up Chamillionaire's Ultimate Victory, and as always...turns out to be a great Album :)

Kanye's CD sux imo, i want my money back. 'Stronger' is the only song he has going for him.....Shoulda picked up 50's album.

.....Also picked up Chamillionaire's Ultimate Victory, and as always...turns out to be a great Album :)

What didn't you like about it? I will say that the album does have a different sound & feel to it, but I love it... I guess its not for everyone. You actually the first person I've heard say they were not impressed/ disliked the album. Honestly though, don't get your hopes up for 50Cent... I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

50's first cd=classic. Kanye's first cd=classic. Their next 2 will have commercial success but will NEVER be deemed a "classic" by any means. They
re "ok", or maybe I need to listen to them again, for the 4th and 5th time.

I'm Sorry but 50Cent is WHack Now!! i used to like him when he came out, but now he just fell 2 the bottom of R&B/hip-hop and Rap!!

I'd pay him a $1Dollar to shutup.............

I honestly didn't like either of the new albums. kanye and 50 are both becoming sellouts now in my opinion. both cd's seemed like they had their one or two good songs, then they quickly made the rest of the cd just to sell a album, because honestly, the rest of the cd sucked in both cases. atmosphere, eminem, and dre are my favorites. check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68 haha I guess i like punk too, lol. cant go wrong with travis. oh and i know its not hip hop, but if you like their old stuff. go get the new foo fighters, i liked that alot too.

I honestly didn't like either of the new albums. kanye and 50 are both becoming sellouts now in my opinion. both cd's seemed like they had their one or two good songs, then they quickly made the rest of the cd just to sell a album, because honestly, the rest of the cd sucked in both cases. atmosphere, eminem, and dre are my favorites. check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68 haha I guess i like punk too, lol. cant go wrong with travis. oh and i know its not hip hop, but if you like their old stuff. go get the new foo fighters, i liked that alot too.

I don't like the song, but that was freaking bad-ass!!! I had just got that song out of my head, and now it will be stuck in a different form...

ummmm... that was quite awesome!

I haven't picked up 50 album yet but from what everyone is saying, its bad. Honestly, he needs this so now he will go back to the drawing board and rethink his strategy.

My drum instructor at school taught travis how to play when he was in highschool. He was amazed at how many tattoos he has now lol.

Back