The elusive mat

wfnugent

I would like to be able to put down a plastic or rubber mat that is arranged such that when the third row is down it covers up the full flatbed portion and when the third row is up does a halfway decent job of coving the back of the seat and the small floor space.

Anyone seen anything like this or done anything like this? We have those seats going up and down all the time and with little notice so I don't want to have a solution that needs to be removable, not do I want to trash the inside of the car with sand and crud from trips to the beach, etc.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks Bill

I would like to be able to put down a plastic or rubber mat that is arranged such that when the third row is down it covers up the full flatbed portion and when the third row is up does a halfway decent job of coving the back of the seat and the small floor space.

Anyone seen anything like this or done anything like this? We have those seats going up and down all the time and with little notice so I don't want to have a solution that needs to be removable, not do I want to trash the inside of the car with sand and crud from trips to the beach, etc.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks Bill

Something like these?

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/60A1052A0A0.aspx

http://www.sportomotoring.com/cargo-protection/reargear.html

Last edited:
Rear Cargo Mat

I found a company that custom makes mats, front rear and cargo.

They will do it any color and do contrasting binding color.

They will even monogram the mats. The company is GG Bailey.

cargo mats

Did anyone find a Canada company that does cargo area mats for CX-9 when 3rd row is folder down?

Did anyone find a Canada company that does cargo area mats for CX-9 when 3rd row is folder down?

Check the "Accessory to fill gap btw 2nd row and 3rd row seats..." thread under this same topic for a number of solutions.

GG Bailey does a great job...go to there web site. They do third row up or down and in custom colors, too

Sorry for delay, here are the pics of the GG Bailey mat installed.

Attachments

• Photo_092807_002.jpg
    Photo_092807_002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 525
  • Photo_092807_003.jpg
    Photo_092807_003.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Photo_092807_004.jpg
    Photo_092807_004.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 599
Yep...that's what mine looks like too. It fit really well. If I'm loading something that might be messy (ie. Flower pots) I flip the mat over and use the back side as the mat to protect the cargo bed carpet.

Bob

Here's mine

Perfect fitment and finish. If you need the third row seat up, I would just fold it like in the pic...

Enjoy (first)

I got it at autoanything.com for 70bucks.

Attachments

• DSC02979.JPG
    DSC02979.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 544
  • DSC02981.JPG
    DSC02981.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC02982.JPG
    DSC02982.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC02983.JPG
    DSC02983.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 524
I have the same mat...For the money it is a nice piece. The power lift gate is the reason the mat goes up the left side....no big deal because it now protects that also(yes)

I have the same mat...For the money it is a nice piece. The power lift gate is the reason the mat goes up the left side....no big deal because it now protects that also(yes)

(iagree) Just got mine--quite pleased with it.

I just got my Lloyd plush carpets from autoanything installed. I bought the front, rear, and cargo carpets and replaced the oem carpets. The Lloyd's are much thicker and softer than the oem carpets. Very nice..

I just got my Lloyd plush carpets from autoanything installed. I bought the front, rear, and cargo carpets and replaced the oem carpets. The Lloyd's are much thicker and softer than the oem carpets. Very nice..

Do they fasten with the hooks, or just have non-slip nubs? How is the fit around the middle row tracks?

Do they fasten with the hooks, or just have non-slip nubs? How is the fit around the middle row tracks?

They have hooks. They are also much heavier than the oem carpets that hlep them to not move around. For the middle row, I didn't even bother to take out the oem carpets. I just put the Lloyds on top of them. The fit is perfect in the front, second and in the cargo area.

Back