Suspension noise after a corner

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
So, when I straighten out after taking a corner I often hear this popping or pinging noise. I'm not sure if it's the springs, sway bar, or something else. Is this a hurry and get it looked at before a wheel falls off situation, or is it more likely just a natural wear and tear no big deal thing?

Haven't had a chance to get up under my car, but the noise has been getting louder and more frequent. I have a Corksport rear torsion bar installed. Any chance that this getting lose, or even busting a weld, could be the cause of my noise?

How long have you had the sway bar vs how long you've had the noise? Are you lowered?

Finally got under my car. It is indeed a busted CS torsion bar.

gdUgbHl0C8TJgpTqTyGGLUApW1SfmWI-FSzKp0fVT9f14p_jJLTqygtUbzaSGeqbO9vEoYTqInoVkSRBktf3yHucBispP1_lpJw0KiZb-p68eo00qHkv0fsqzCMI-DWcYzwWUs9MThBgQD_DE8vEqq7NUKNS5WSQZjz-5N9o9zHo1N0xoyEbbPCzsnGj2d1ifWJgobdqmIkcZTx4Af9kcD9cAsdpwh5J8XKBe8OKeVd5OISDtyVlU-qj22Enx_TMUFaQUkinzxdejhUoqxpmoGRDa4QXxdQNPbpIR3IL-HrPYjN-LsGNPe1vK6klPgauqLaUyhBIGzZQCDoobfEkVuoc3DUux4g1nvKXOhWn2oLmOjk20dlknsbuycJtWXUd8ER7LJ7mREZM-FzVwV9jM6TdM51BtlqLFpeR5k4z1K1IE1gsj6cLeHYwpdvVwnoBg6bcfFP5ZIghLB8DXj-FgJBtnwgZU3udbEBgu1Hccwu1EXDxiWuFmzGRw5VbbR1Tl8lHHfKqTdYwR-f0QKRKcc_dChQ4TxoqL_Q_aTIu2h0e6GDzz9VT1WfjVkyHYRJ9TL6h=w1962-h1472-no

Pulled it off. Should be noise free, now. Just a bummer that these things keep breaking for people.

So, when I straighten out after taking a corner I often hear this popping or pinging noise. I'm not sure if it's the springs, sway bar, or something else. Is this a hurry and get it looked at before a wheel falls off situation, or is it more likely just a natural wear and tear no big deal thing?

I have the experience with my stock low mileage Mazda2. You can hear and feel a pop in the steering wheel when initially turning or straightening out after a corner. For me, it usually happens when pulling out or into a parking spot at slow speeds.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. I heard CS Torsion bars break easily and that DDMWorks Torsion bars are stronger.

Back