sunroof stuck

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
so my sunroof in my 08 3s hatchback got stuck about half way open. i looked and nothing appears to be in the tracks. it would slide back and when it would stop it would make a crunch like noise. and then the buttons would get all out of wack and do functions they were not supposed to do such as tilt down opening the roof and tilt up closing it etc. took it to the stealership and they wanted $2400 to put a whole new assembly in it i said hell no and walked out. i have tried the "relearn" but no fix. i went to a sunroof place and they were closing in an hour so the tech got it to close (by doing just as i had and holding the tilt up switch for 30ish seconds) if you look at it from the outside of the car you can see that the drivers side rear corner of the glass sticks up 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch higher than the passenger rear. this points me to it being off track and/or out of alignment. anyone know how i can get it back on track and working? i know i may have to pull the headliner but i need to know how to line it up and get it working?

Back