2017~2024 Suma Performance Side Mirrors for CX-5 Possible

I have sent 4 sets of pictures showing the difference between his mirrors and my OEM mirrors. They clearly show the difference.

For some reason or another, he continues to put me off by asking for more pictures. I let him know I am finally through playing games. He has had my money for almost a year and I have the wrong mirrors to show for it.

This time, I asked for a refund if he doesn't send me the correct mirrors, "immediately". Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

He used to be a great business person do deal with. I'm not sure why he has changed.

Also, apparently no one else has complained about getting the wrong mirrors so I guess I am the only one.
20210618_192646.jpg

I have sent 4 sets of pictures showing the difference between his mirrors and my OEM mirrors. They clearly show the difference.

For some reason or another, he continues to put me off by asking for more pictures. I let him know I am finally through playing games. He has had my money for almost a year and I have the wrong mirrors to show for it.

This time, I asked for a refund if he doesn't send me the correct mirrors, "immediately". Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

He used to be a great business person do deal with. I'm not sure why he has changed.

Also, apparently no one else has complained about getting the wrong mirrors so I guess I am the only one. View attachment 300134
I can screenshot emails where I notified him he sent the wrong product. Sent the first one the day I got mine and didn’t get a response at all. Sent a second one when you posted that he asked for us to contact him and got a response saying “I’m checking.” I guess the checking was talking to you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I like the Suma mirrors on my 4Runner but this is nowhere near the same experience.

I can screenshot emails where I notified him he sent the wrong product. Sent the first one the day I got mine and didn’t get a response at all. Sent a second one when you posted that he asked for us to contact him and got a response saying “I’m checking.” I guess the checking was talking to you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I like the Suma mirrors on my 4Runner but this is nowhere near the same experience.
I have been getting the same song and dance that you have gotten. "I'm checking", "Send me a picture of the label on the box", "Tell me again which version of the CX-5 you have" and more that I can't remember at the moment.

Actually, I believe he has asked me "What version do I have" more than once.

The funny thing about all of this is that you probably have my mirrors and I have yours. Unfortunately, it appears that Eddy isn't much of a problem solver.

Or, maybe he doesn't think there IS a problem. At least not for him.

Just do what I have been doing and send a couple of emails to him every day. I guess he doesn't realize that a couple of unhappy customers can do more damage to his business than 100 satisfied customers.

I, too, really like the Suma mirrors on my MX-5 but this is sure spoiling the Suma experience.

I wonder if there are others who are having problems with him right now on this or the CX-9 forum?

They absolutely won’t fit. I pushed one on just to see. This is the only angle they fit on there...

View attachment 300018

They also have a huge gap on the side closest to the vehicle.

View attachment 300019

Here’s a comparison of the back. You can see the mounting disc, for lack of a better term, is not in the same spot as the stock mirror. It’s shifted to the vehicle side of the mirror.

View attachment 300020

Still no word from Eddy at Suma about a resolution.
It appears that you also have the same unusable Suma mirrors that I have.

I wonder who received the proper mirrors for the second gen, 2018 CX-5?

I wonder if he may be "stalling" when replying to your emails. He could be trying to get Gen2 mirrors from his supplier so that he can swap them out for you guys.. but if that was the case, then he should just be up front about what's happening instead of keeping you guys in the dark. Right now, what he's doing (lying to his customers) just isn't right.

I wonder if he may be "stalling" when replying to your emails. He could be trying to get Gen2 mirrors from his supplier so that he can swap them out for you guys.. but if that was the case, then he should just be up front about what's happening instead of keeping you guys in the dark. Right now, what he's doing (lying to his customers) just isn't right.
Maybe. I’d rather him come out and say “sorry about that. I am working to get a new ETA on your replacement mirrors.” Or something along those lines. That’s what I would do in his shoes

Maybe. I’d rather him come out and say “sorry about that. I am working to get a new ETA on your replacement mirrors.” Or something along those lines. That’s what I would do in his shoes

Agreed.

Eddy has done a very sloppy job of keeping records. Based on some of the questions he has asked me, he doesn't know for sure who ordered what. In other words, he doesn't know what generation of vehicle belongs to who.

Since only a couple of us have complained, apparently he got all the other orders correct?

Hopefully everyone who has a problem with Suma will do the same thing I am doing. I send him an email once or twice a day. It may be falling on deaf ears, or should I say, "Blind Eyes", but it makes me feel a little better.

I want to apologize to those of you who have been mistreated by Suma. Almost a year ago I started this whole mess, thinking that Eddy would treat us like respected customers. We needed a certain amount of people to get the ball rolling to get these mirrors into production. However, all through the process, Eddy has made one excuse after another as to why it was taking longer than originally promised. I guess we should have seen this coming.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to post ANOTHER note to Eddy.

I finally received a post from Eddy at Suma. He still insists that based on the label of my box, they are the correct mirrors for the 2nd Gen CX-5. I'm enclosing a pic of that label.

Eddy has no clue as to what he is doing or saying. His knowledge of our vehicles is worse than none.

He also enclosed a pre paid label for USPS return of the mirrors. He said when he gets the mirrors, he will refund my money. Let's hope.

Also, according to him, no one else has had any problem with the mirrors except for me. So, if there is anyone still waiting for the correct mirrors for your 2nd Gen CX-5, you are going to have a very long wait. That is, unless you insist on a refund.

Just for my benefit, will anyone who has gotten the correct mirrors please respond to this post. Remember, Eddy still insists, at least to me, that I am the only one with a problem.

Below, in quotes, is the content of his letter.

"Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay, I wasn’t ignoring you. The label is for the second generation. So I was confused why it didn’t fit on your car while other people were ok with it. That was the reason I was asking you for those pictures so I could verity them.

Below is the link for the return. Please return it and email me the tracking# and I’ll provide you a refund."

Attachments

• 20210616_232921 (1).jpg
    20210616_232921 (1).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 156
Still no one doing business with Suma have gotten the right or wrong mirrors for their CX-5?

I really would like some feedback on a positive or negative note.

It is my assumption that Eddy never got the mirrors for the 2nd generation CX-5 models. The ones he sent out were only for the 1st generation models.

Can anyone verify or deny my assumption?

@sm1ke, can you post this on the CX-9 forum for me? I would much appreciate it.

I am very surprised that there isn't a big flurry of anger right now. Or, perhaps everyone has gotten their refunds already.:) Or better yet, there were only 2 of us who got disappointed with Suma.

Having had no response to my inquiry from Suma, I dug back through my records and have determined that the mess up on my part was my fault - I've got the Gen 1 basic glass and need the GT version with the electrics. Anyone with a Gen 1 need basics?

Ended up getting them to work. If you want the mirrors despite Eddy’s absolute garbage of customer service, it’s just VHB tape holding the brackets on. Easy enough to move them.
E5A89989-CAB9-4609-825C-DA630BD8547F.jpeg

AA57180F-B9BA-4F6B-A5C4-5F3FDE06918B.jpeg

via my email today:

"Hi CX5_Driver,

It has come to our attention that we might have made a mistake in our manufactruing. Please give me a day or two to investage. It’s likely that we’ll ask you to return them to us and provide a refund. Please stay tuned.

Eddy
"

via my email today:

"Hi CX5_Driver,

It has come to our attention that we might have made a mistake in our manufactruing. Please give me a day or two to investage. It’s likely that we’ll ask you to return them to us and provide a refund. Please stay tuned.

Eddy
"
Huh. I got a different response today.

“Because our 15 mirrors are made for 2nd gen. That’s the only 2nd gen mirrors that we have for CX-5.”

I have a 2nd gen CX-9 (which he has asked a couple times now) but I guess that doesn’t really matter. Sounds like he’s adamant these are the right mirrors. He did add that he’s going to investigate. Doesn’t matter to me at this point. I made mine work. I’ll be avoiding Eddy at all costs and won’t be recommending Suma to anyone

I'm very glad you were able to do some modifications to the mirrors and have reworked them to your satisfaction.

Due to potential warrantee issues, I would not do that. I have returned mine using his call tag with the USPS.

David <><

Last edited:
more updates.. mine are going back....

today in email...

"
Hi CX5_Driver,

It looks like there are two different mirrors for the second gen, and we didn't make the type for later years.

We'll need to refund you. Could you use this return label (LINK) and provide us tracking#. Once we've received tracking#, we'll refund the whole amount.

I'm really sorry about that.

Eddy
"

I told him how I made mine work and this was the response:

“Hi,

I think we can make a replacement for you. Do all second gen CX-5 and CX-9 have the same mirrors?

Eddy”

I sent him a Tasca Parts compatibility page showing which models the mirrors would fit.

D5CCCB82-F844-4977-968C-CCE8A687F199.jpeg

Let’s see where this ends up

Wow this is all pretty confusing. I have been away since my Suma mirrors arrived, returning tomorrow. I have 2020 CX5 GT. Should I assume that the mirrors I received won’t work on my CX5? Or do I need to unpack them and see if they fit?

Thanks.

Back