Suggestions for accessing side marker bulb on Turbo CX-5?

How the heck can anyone access this bulb on the passenger side with the extra stuff needed for the turbo engine? I can barely can my arm in there to reach the socket.

Driver is easy with plenty of room.

Any suggestions?

A similar situation with another vehicle years ago I had my daughter reach in there with her skinny little arms and small hands. No joke. :p I remember her being so proud because I needed her to do it. That I couldn't fix it myself.

Want to install a led bulb instead, best way to do it is to turn the wheels to each side and pull back the wheel liner then reach in from underneath to reach the bulbs.
That is actually what we had to do with 8 Gen Honda Civics 2005-2010, pop the clips, pull back the wheel well liners as described above. Replaced the 9006 with HIR2 bulbs. Pain in the A** because HIR2s burned out more quickly than 9006. These days, we don't have to worry about it with LED and HID bulbs

Maybe you need to disengage the windshield washer tank first?
(I know he was replacing the turn signal light... side marker should be nearby, right?)

Want to install a led bulb instead, best way to do it is to turn the wheels to each side and pull back the wheel liner then reach in from underneath to reach the bulbs.
This’s exactly what my 2016 and this 2018 CX-5 owner’s manual says:

9F1BB951-B4DB-483A-8B9C-278222529DDA.jpeg

E48A3FD1-0D5B-43E0-9C40-0DB25C5BE935.jpeg

Back