Subwoofer install pics

Matt V

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I'm installing a sub soon and would like to see how everyone else has theirs installed. Post pics of your amp and sub installs. (couch)

Nice stealthbox, I like it. I'm picking this up tomorrow:

3o83p23l85T35P15R1a3gab234b594e2916fd.jpg

3nd3pb3l95Tb5Pa5Raa3g84e55adaa8c819e9.jpg

Nice. My GT Spec bar got in the way of the box that I had. So i figured why not do the ninja enclosure. lol Where are you mounting your amp?

I might put it under my passenger seat up front if room permits. I also want to get a privacy cover for the hatch to keep everything covered to hinder thieves.

I want that privacy cover! Anyone know of anyone selling one?

I found mine on here. Someone had one laying around and sold it to me. Also, check eBay and Craigslist. I was looking for a long time and every now and then a couple will pop up on those sites.

Yea Im putting my small amp up front under the passenger seat and mounting the sub amp on the back of the back seats.

Me? I built a sealed box for two ten inchers as a 'false floor' laying across the bottom of the hatch area. I took the carpet mat and used that on the box. I can remove the box to access the spare (which i have had to do) and have quick disconnects for the wires.

The amps are under the driver and passenger seats. The fuse junction box is behind the little plastic door on the back of the center console ;)

Why a sealed box? It was easier from a design standpoint. It sounds good to me ;)

The result is that i have full use of the cargo area and can flip the seats (or remove them) easily. I do have to remove the speaker grills and clean the speakers of dust and sand occasionally.
(i don't have access to pix right now...)

I made a steath box myself. There's a how to about how to do it somewhere. Fairly easy just messy working with the fiberglass. MAterials about $100 time about 8hrs. Using an 8" sub with small amp under the driver seat. Sounds good enough for me just a bit more bump in the trunk.

lol... 155 dvb was worth it... and i havent had a trunk in a few years.,.. its what i got a back seat for... and if that dont fit it dont go...

Back