Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Another dumb key issue. Returning to the airport parking after a trip to the beach I searched high and low in my luggage for the key. Thing was I was able to open the rear hatch meaning the key was nearby. I thought I was all set and could start that the car but no deal, "Press key against ignition button. We searched and searched some more but no luck. I finally decided to leave the car and get a ride home for the spare key. So my girlfriend, younger and more agile crawled in from the open boot and tried to set the doors to locked. Wouldn't work so had to leave the car open. My question is, in said circumstance where one has entered the car from the rear, with doors locked how do you re lock the doors to leave the car locked while away looking for the spare key?

Of course next day, emptying the suitcase completely there it was having left sort of a crevice in a suitcase pocket.

Last edited:
Since the key was in the suitcase, was the vehicle preventing you from locking the key inside?
It may not have been close enough to the ignition to start, but was still detected.

Upvote 0
Looks like you've confirmed you are a great candidate for bluetooth Tile. Would have been perfect application here.

I'd also keep a spare key accessible from outside of the car. Both investments are more than worth it for peace of mind alone. (don't let the battery die in the Tile though, or not much use)

Upvote 0
Yes I'm looking at the Tile and will order on my next trip to the US.
Button on the hatch. I will look for it!
Odrapnew, you know I should have placed the suitcase in the passenger seat in case the key was in it somewhere! I didn't think of that.
My girlfriend said next time take a picture of where I've placed the key. Good idea I wouldn't have thought of.

Upvote 0
To OP, there is a round button on your hatch to lock all doors.
It only locks, and it does not unlock.... strange, but true...
I looked around on the hatch but couldn/t find it. Where is it?

Upvote 0
Back