Start/Stop Module Replacement

sylva143

:
2014 Mazda CX 5 GT
I posted this morning an update regarding my Engine Mount problem, which has been fixed, but I now have a new problem with the Start/Stop module (this is apparently the cause of the engine not starting). Mazda is overnighting the part, so hopefully all will be taken care of by tomorrow.

With only 2,500 miles on this car, I'm starting to feel a bit unlucky with two major problems in two weeks! I still love the car, but I'm really hoping this isn't the start of a trend. I buy new cars for reliability. Going to the shop and being towed isn't my idea of fun.

With only 2,500 miles on this car, I'm starting to feel a bit unlucky with two major problems in two weeks! I still love the car, but I'm really hoping this isn't the start of a trend. I buy new cars for reliability. Going to the shop and being towed isn't my idea of fun.

New Mazda's are normally very reliable, but since this is the first year of this design, and has been a complete new design with a lot of new features, its somewhat expected. Hope you get a green light from now on though. Many other owners have had problem-less cars for a while.

Good luck

My experience is that when a completely new vehicle comes out, or the first year of a major redesign, there are always a few hiccups here and there that have to get ironed out. Yeah, their engineering and design they did and limited prototype/test cars performed well on paper, we as the general public and first generation of owners of this brand new vehicle are the real beta testers.

I guess what I'm saying is that problems like this come with the territory of buying a new vehicle...

Back