Squeak on upshift 2021 Mazda3...Any ideas?

New 2021 Mazda 3 select AWD. Car has 26k miles, is an automatic, and let’s out a short squeak when upshifting right above 30mph and 40mph in the 2k-3k rev range. All cargo is secure or removed and it doesn’t seem to be interior trim/rattle noise. Curious of any input or experiences

Last edited:
My 2.0 150 AT started to tremble when shifting from 2 to 3 and make a short squeak when shifting from 3rd to 4th when I was around 50k Kms. Drove like this for around another 10.000 until noticed something is not right (music is always running in the car). Digging on my national Facebook group found a guy in another city that had the same problems and got his gearbox replaced but only after many tests and discussion with the national representative and finally with the regional authority (our case Austria).

Scheduled for investigation at a local dealer where they filmed and noted all this. In a week I was informed the gearbox will be replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Like they knew about this problem.

Waited for a month to receive the new gearbox. Work well until now.

Back