Spotted

Stormy blue followed me for a litte while this afternoon on I-66 W near Centreville, VA. Smiled when I saw the Cx-5 grin in my rearview mirror

Today was a busy day for us - spotted one driving on Route 1 North in Princeton, the sky blue one, very nice looking!
Then admired a white one by Sam's Club in Princeton off Route 1 - drove slowly right past us when we parked, and saw the black mica again, parked by McCaffreys... This is the 3rd time I see it.
You can figure out our errands from these spottings, LOL :)

Spotted a white Touring AWD on 101 freeway in SJ about 6pm today, it had Capial Mazda plate frames.

I saw a Sky Blue on the 8 near OB on Sunday and a Black one in the same spot yesterday. I honked at the Sky Blue one to say "Hi", but I think I may have scared the poor lady driving it because she looked really startled.

I saw a white CX-5 on RT 3 South....somewhere near the NH/MA border at 9:45 this morning. Not exactly sure where we were on that stretch. He stuck is hand out of the sun roof and waved after pulling into my lane in front of me. I stayed with him for a while..... until I realized we were doing close to 80 and my MPGs were dropping like a rock.

Later that day we saw a red one heading south on RT 1 in Norwood, MA. Then we realized it had a dealer plate and we had just passed the Mazda dealer. Doesn't count unless they buy it!

Spotted a GT AWD in silver at BofA in Sunnyvale CA today.

I am now starting to see at least one a day! Last weekend in two carparks I parked within 3 cars of one each time

Twice in this last week I have seen a new Pearl white in Oregon City. Beautiful color! !!""

Living in the San Gabriel Valley area, I've only spotted two so far! I'm sure they are flying out of the dealers in So-Cal, so within the next few months, I think we'll be seeing more!

Spotted a (another) silver CX-5 (that's such a popular color), near Mission College in Santa Clara at strip mall around noon today.

Saw my fourth one in almost 4 months today in Charlotte. They have been, in order, Black, Grey, Red, and Sky Blue Mica like mine. Not very many considering trips to Atlanta, Ohio, and Colonial Williamsburg.

Another zeal red seen on Rt 28 near Nokesville/Manassas yesterday. Waved as I passed him but no response. Followed me for a ways down Rt 234...

I was right behind another Sky Blue CX-5 right by the port in National City. I also saw a transporter full of new CX-5's heading North on the 15 near Mission Valley in San Diego a few minutes later.

Finally spotted one in east AL. Closest Mazda dealers are in Birmingham and Atlanta, so no surprise on the rarity. Even it had a Bham tag, so after 4 months of ownership I may still have the only CX-5 on the area.

most often i see cx-7s and cx-9s that i'm still a bit surprised when i see an occasional cx-5 on the road and not at a dealership.

a few weeks ago: a dark blue cx-5 in culver city, heading east on sawtelle from jefferson blvd crossing to overland ave.
yesterday: a silver cx-5 in marina del rey, on mindanao way turning into a residential side street.

CX-7s and CX-9s are so much more common, that is absolutely true. It's been weeks since I've seen a CX-5 in our area, but just saw 2 on Tuesday on Route 1; saw 1 red mica on Wednesday (in my town!! So happy, maybe it's someone local), and again saw one today on NJ turnpike - black AWD, thought it was Gio from here but the windows weren't tinted, so probably not. :)

Back