Spotted

Spotted this one at Founders in Grand Rapids, MI on Friday. Hope you enjoyed the brew!

20121228_143656_zps00d96bdf.jpg

If you see a silver one in SoCal, Orange County, Mission Viejo/Aliso with NC tags, thats me! I've see a few around here but still a rarity.

I saw a silver one on Friday on my way to the Mazda dealer in Mission Valley (SD) to go for a test drive and I see a silver one in my alley... wait that's mine!

Spotted a white AWD with a peace symbol hitch cover in downtown Bend, Oregon on Jan 5th.

Saw two just today and almost in the same spot (Torrey Pines). Both liquid silver, one had Hine tags. Anyone here?
Ha, saw another one like mine at work, just purchased as well with the Hine tags. There goes the neighborhood lol

Last edited:
Saw two in Point Loma (San Diego) this weekend. A Metro Gray (parked) and a Zeal Red on the move at the same intersection.
Interestingly, I have only seen a couple in my town (between Los Angeles and Ventura) since I bought mine in June.

Saw 2 CX-5's in one hour yesterday, near San Jose airport. That's a big day for sightings.

I've seen maybe 3-4 CX-5s floating around in my city of 120k since they launched. They look great, of course. Perhaps the 2.5L option will entice me to join their ranks! :)

I spotted 13 CX-5's. All in the lot at the dealer when I went for my oil change. None on the 35 minute ride to and from the dealer. In fact in 6 months of purchasing my CX 5 I have only seen maybe 4 other cars on the road in my city of 800,000. Go figure???

I spotted 13 CX-5's. All in the lot at the dealer when I went for my oil change. None on the 35 minute ride to and from the dealer. In fact in 6 months of purchasing my CX 5 I have only seen maybe 4 other cars on the road in my city of 800,000. Go figure???

That seems to be the norm. The dealers are losing their selling edge for an all new vehicle and that's a shame. We should give them $500 over MSRP in sympathy.:D It seems to also be the norm for the BMW X1, which is a hot little seller in Europe and I was anxiously awaiting it's arrival stateside until I saw it in the flesh and I'm not as enthusiastic as I thought I would be. The CX-5 fits the bill for my needs just as well, better proportioned than the X1 and is at a lower price point to boot! With the soon to be release of the 2.5L, it's at the top of my list.

OTOH, we should be able to get better deals than all the early adopters and hopefully, all the quirks of a new model have been corrected. As for me wanting the 2.5L, I don't know how much I'll be able to negotiate the price.

Spotted the illusive CX-5 in the wild. Nearly all of the ones I've seen out here have been GTs (I prefer the Touring, myself). I think that the red zeal mica is my 2nd favorite color behind metropolitan grey. If only Mazda brought the dolphin grey mica to the CX-5... I love that color.

2013-01-09135200_zpsf0d87c8d.jpg

Saw a white Touring in Sunnyale today, waiting in line at a hand car wash.

Saw a Gray GT in the parking lot of the Giant supermarket in Hunt Valley. My gray touring is parked next door. Must be an employee because it is still there. I can see it from my office window. I feel like I am about to step into a staking situation.

Saw a white Touring Wednesday night at Capital and McKee in San Jose, it was dirty.

The two I saw the other day near Torrey Pines beach, a metro gray and a liquid silver are employees at my company. Saw the gray one in my lot and the silver one in another... Man the neighborhood is really going downhill lol

You should see what a black one looks like most of the time, usually some variation of dirty...

I was gonna mention that too... Personally I love the color I have (LSM), I had considered a 3 hatch in that same color as well even if it is typically one of the more popular colors (are black, white and gray/silver really colors? Lol) available.

In 07 Mazda offered a really cool blue, phantom blue maybe? Man do I love that color, I had an old bass guitar that color, sort of a dark blue-green. I saw a Beemer at the SD auto show 2 weeks ago with a similar color but so rich in color and depth, I almost had an orgasm there on the show floor lolol

yesterday night i spotted a brand new white cx-5 with the oem silver roof rails & dealer license plates in las vegas, heading east on charleston blvd crossing arville & later turning onto the 15 freeway southbound. my first vegas sighting... other than mine that is. :)

Back