Spotted

First one spotted in my neck of the woods -- stormy blue seen driving south on Fairfax Co Pkwy about 3:45 this afternoon, then westbound on Rt 66. Was in hubby's Camaro so couldn't wave (well, I guess I could, but would have looked a bit odd!)

We had the zeal red for four months already.

I had spotted a couple Metro Grey, Two Sky Blue, Two White, Two Black, One Silver around San Gabriel Valley.

:)

Picked up my Sky Blue Touring on June 30. I had seen a black one, probably a Sport in a parking lot in Charlotte NC a month or two before I got mine. Since then another one which was silver in Ashland KY. I live in Charlotte NC, and those two remain all that I have seen in 3,600 miles.

Spotted a dark blue new CX-5 on 280 freeway during a test drive at 11:45AM Sunday, from Oak Tree Mazda.

After 3 months of owning my Silver Sport (MT) within the last week I pulled up behind a red one in Berkeley & today after my visit to the Oakland Zoo I came out to see another silver one (with no plates yet) parked right next to me!

I've seen quite a few in my area in just about every color. Some dude down the street bought one about a week after we got ours. lol

I drove a road trip 2400 miles this last week (chicago to florida and back) and only spotted 1 red zeal one the whole time. I guess the southerners dont like their cx5's.

Forgot to mention i did not take my cx5...took my other car (2012 kia sorento gdi since its bigger for the wife and i to be more comfy in)

I came out to see another silver one (with no plates yet) parked right next to me!

I haven't seen many in my area (north of Philadelphia, PA and Trenton NJ), but as I was furniture shopping yesterday another gray one pulled in and parked next to me too (GT though, mine's Touring). We chatted a bit, and they love theirs as much as I love mine. They've had theirs since May with zero problems so far ;)

Otherwise I still rarely see them, though it's happening more now than in earlier months.

I saw four this weekend. Two metro gray and one black in the Point Loma area of San Diego and a silver one on the 5 South near Mission Viejo (new with temp. plates from Star Mazda).

Silver one seen parked outside The Running Store in Gainesville, VA. It was the first silver one I've seen, and I was surprised how the color gave the car a whole different "personality." In fact, I had to do a double check to make sure it really was a CX5. My zeal red looks fun and sporty to me, while the silver looked more sophisticated and elegant.... Both looked good, of course, but this car is certainly a chameleon of sorts!

Mine is unspottable today, hidden in garage.

But I've seen about 20 in my area since purchase in mid-March.

Finally! I just doubled my total spottings, had to take a road trip to do it though. Went from San Diego to Santa Barbara this weekend and saw one silver one in Santa Barbara, then two white ones on the freeway back today. 405 South, one near Ventura (right behind me in the carpool lane), and one down near Torrance. I'm up to 6 total since late May.

edit: spelling

Last edited:
I saw one yesterday, parked in Princeton, black mica, with plate "Jordan's".. I parked right behind it so it was a cute sight! :)

P.S. my license plate frames have "diamonds" all around, so if you spot that in NJ, that's me :) Rarely in NYC..

Last edited:
A new one was parked outside work yesterday. Black, with different wheels, although they looked like 17", also had a roof rack. Only about 100 people at work, but don't know whose it is. Also saw one driving through my neighborhood yesterday

I've yet to see any out in the wild of NH. Dealers here (3 in the state) are so small that they only get 5 or 6 and they are usually sold before they arrive. Don't know where they are going though, I haven't seen any on the road.

Spotted a red Touring fwd in front of CVS in Santa Clara, a clean machine.

Back