Spotted - 2009 Mazda 6!

Really curious as to the final look of this car. Mazda6 only scored 2.5 stars in motortrend roundup of all new models. Kinda dissapointing.

I'm not liking the way the backend is turning out, or those obscenely large guage faces as appearing in that picture BLECH....

The center stack is similar to the CX-9, so thats prob what the production model will have.

Definetly not a fan of the gauges, nor the big ass end and added weight.

hmmm it doesnt look very appealing to me so far... it kinda looks like a nissan!
i do like the wheels though...

the wife and I still want a current gen. mazda6 5 door for our next car. She's pretty much set on it and I'm on board too. Sure its a little underpowered but it will feel like a rocketship compared with my P5 and her protege sedan.

Only thing is, I've heard of reliability problems. Is that true?

what killer said.... my gf has the mazda6 s with the ford v6 it's a nice and quick for it's genre car, I actually enjoy driving her car, but not as much as I do my mazdaspeed6. her's is also the 5 door, I have to say I love the hatch in the back for more room.

If you were to get the mazda6 5-door i would push for the v6 enjoy.... as you'll enjoy it more. At least from a guy's perspective. My gf would also say after driving her car she'd never want a 4 cylinder.

Yeah same here. Our P5's are the last 4cyls we will ever own unless we go with something supercharged or turboed.

Plus the Current gen 6 looks SOOOO much better than its competition, its not even close. I LOVE the looks of the car.

Well you guys have really confirmed what I thought. IT will be our next car for sure.

Hopefully Mazda doesn't botch this re-design as maybe after my wife has gotten her current gen 6, I'll take a gander at the new one. That new V6 is calling my name.

go for the mazda5 S hatch (which is the v6, s=v6 i=i4)

Just one thing about it though uh, I've the clutch on the manuals are notchy or something like that...........and my GF has the automatic (she doesn't know stick) with the triptronic..... so what transmission are you shooting for?

go for the mazda5 S hatch (which is the v6, s=v6 i=i4)

Just one thing about it though uh, I've the clutch on the manuals are notchy or something like that...........and my GF has the automatic (she doesn't know stick) with the triptronic..... so what transmission are you shooting for?

auto with tiptronic. The wife can't drive a manual so I'll settle. She wants one just like this

139645.3-lg.jpg

Very nice......... Blazing Copper FTW...... same color as my GF's

2005 Blazing Copper Mazda6 s. Heh... of course she has rims and fog lights integratedin the bumper.

Dang it, I was prepared to hate it but I like how that front end looks. Crap, don't tell me I'm actually going to want one of these things now. I'll reserve judgement till next month. I can't believe I'm getting this antsy about a freakin mazda family sedan, you'd think it was the porshe panamera or something.

New Bigger V6? Check!

Optional AWD (FINALLY)? Check!

Sleek Styling? Check!

I'm sure the driving dynamics will be there. Its all up to the looks now.

That car is damned pretty.

Dang it, I was prepared to hate it but I like how that front end looks. Crap, don't tell me I'm actually going to want one of these things now. I'll reserve judgement till next month. I can't believe I'm getting this antsy about a freakin mazda family sedan, you'd think it was the porshe panamera or something.

New Bigger V6? Check!

Optional AWD (FINALLY)? Check!

Sleek Styling? Check!

I'm sure the driving dynamics will be there. Its all up to the looks now.

I'm right with you man. That 6 looks hot from the front. I think the reason your so excited is becasue Mazda has made it possible to experience 90% of what you'd spend 3 times the amount of money on. High performance and hihg quality cars are no longer only available to the rich.

If the 6 performs as well as that pict looks then I'm in big trouble.

An inside source at Mazda said that the car that will be in Frankfurt next month is the world car, It is not the US spec. This will be the first time that Mazda has launched such different versions in different marketplaces. Unfortunately I couldn't get an details.

Back