Spotted - 2009 Mazda 6!

Wow that front end looks like a blend of Mazda6 with some rx-8... not bad, it looks hot and looks nothing like the "spy pics"

Although I'm worried about how the rear end will look, I've seen cars with nice front end ugly rear end :(

Sources expect the new 6 to be powered by Ford's 3.5-liter V-6, as well a 180-horsepower four-cylinder powerplant. All-wheel drive will be offered as an option. A hybrid, as well as a Mazdaspeed version, will eventually follow.

Now that just pisses me off........as nice as the one in the picture looks if that came in a mazdaspeed version, i'm gonna be jealous, and try to trade my s*** in, haha.... I'm no so sure the AWD is a smart thing being offered with the 4 cylinder (only 180 hp) and the v6.... the extra weight will end up effecting the mpg the car gets, as well as terms of "power" and acceleration. should have made it RWD........cause that would be hot.

I'm right with you man. That 6 looks hot from the front. I think the reason your so excited is becasue Mazda has made it possible to experience 90% of what you'd spend 3 times the amount of money on. High performance and hihg quality cars are no longer only available to the rich.
If the 6 performs as well as that pict looks then I'm in big trouble.

So true. Sylish fleet footed transportation for the masses! THANK YOU MAZDA!

An inside source at Mazda said that the car that will be in Frankfurt next month is the world car, It is not the US spec. This will be the first time that Mazda has launched such different versions in different marketplaces. Unfortunately I couldn't get an details.

I cannot wait for next month!

Wow that front end looks like a blend of Mazda6 with some rx-8... not bad, it looks hot and looks nothing like the "spy pics"

Although I'm worried about how the rear end will look, I've seen cars with nice front end ugly rear end :(

Yeah, if the side profile and rear are ugly, I will be devastated! This is my potential next car we're talking about here!!! I just don't see how it can look so frumpy and unsleek in the spy pics and WHAM that front shot looks HAWT!

Now that just pisses me off........as nice as the one in the picture looks if that came in a mazdaspeed version, i'm gonna be jealous, and try to trade my s*** in, haha.... I'm no so sure the AWD is a smart thing being offered with the 4 cylinder (only 180 hp) and the v6.... the extra weight will end up effecting the mpg the car gets, as well as terms of "power" and acceleration. should have made it RWD........cause that would be hot.

Yeah but the new V6 should be good for about 250-260 horses so while AWD will hamper it a little, I'll deal with it if t mean good wet weather and bad weather traction plus getting off the line quicker and surprising some fool in a legacy GT!!! (drive2)

hmmm, I dunno about a Legacy GT....... the MS6 is faster but only slightly...... and even if the v6 mazda6 is good for 250 with the awd you lose like 20% at the wheels (just speculating the examples of what they say) it's not going to be as fast or faster than an MS6..........

HOWEVER........ v6 + AWD will end up being hot when people start putting turbos on the car.

You can't tell much from Spy picts...

Yeah, if the side profile and rear are ugly, I will be devastated! This is my potential next car we're talking about here!!! I just don't see how it can look so frumpy and unsleek in the spy pics and WHAM that front shot looks HAWT!

That's why they camouflage them in the Spy picts. :D While you maybe able to see "some" styling cues you can't see those details that really make the design pop!

An inside source at Mazda said that the car that will be in Frankfurt next month is the world car, It is not the US spec. This will be the first time that Mazda has launched such different versions in different marketplaces. Unfortunately I couldn't get an details.

Yep, my understanding is LA Autoshow (starting Nov 14) for N. American-spec.

Wow! Kudos to the Mazda designers for injecting some true style into the 6 redesign. Wow! Makes the just introduced '08 Accord and current model Camry look like design rejects. I love the detail work in the head and taillights, as well as the bulging fenders, and can't complain about the beltline rise either. Nice work! Finally some style in the under $30,000 midsize sedan segment. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. I might be willing to let go of the P5 if the wagon is offered with a manual transmission. Way to go Mazda!

Cool pictures, its Mazda 3, meets Lexus IS, meets Chrystler Sebring. The tailights look waaaay to sebringish to me.

Cool pictures, its Mazda 3, meets Lexus IS, meets Chrystler Sebring. The tailights look waaaay to sebringish to me.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, the rear body style looks awfully similar to the Lexus IS models, no? Coupled with the tailights from the new sebrings, I don't like it

I'm not really a big fan of cars with tail lights that seem to crawl up the back quarter panel....... those look too far up....... should have shortened them a bit to look more RX-8 at least.

Aside from the taillights I think its gorgeous. Great looking car IMO. A nice evolution of the current vehicle. I don't know what the deal is with expressive taillights... there isn't really much about a bumper and a trunk that makes me think dynamism.

Back