Spicey MSP Build underway!!!

Thanks leaning stuff. On another note checked the relays and guess which one was somehow loose a hell. Gave it a push and VROOM started righted up. Live and learn I guess.

lol
backyard mechanics

we always try the most compliocated troubleshooting step and forget the "IS IT PLUGGED IN" steps...

lol
backyard mechanics

we always try the most compliocated troubleshooting step and forget the "IS IT PLUGGED IN" steps...
I checked the fuses when it happened didn't see anything at the time. I guess I should've pushed on the relays. Haha

Not many options in that regard. Personally I think the revised OEM LSD will work fine for you and not break, people are just afraid of the OEMs because they still have a bad taste in their mouth from the stock one failing. I don't think welding them does that much for strength either. These are just my personal opinions. If you have $1k to spend the MFactory is a great product.

Diff broke. Going Mfactory. What yall think?

IF you have the money and like to kick the tires a lot, then go for it. but like hornsfan10609 said, im one of those who doesn't trust the stock diffs, and an M factory can take all the abuse u can throw it at powerwise without breaking. personally mine is a welded lsd, and has held all the abuse ive thrown at it so far.

Yeah already ordered an Mfactory from Crossover. I don't trust a stock and I never wanna deal with this again. So worth the $$ to me. Hopefully the trans is out by Thursday and diff will be here Friday. Pics to come.

Only reason I suggested stock is because they have been revised 4-5 times since they were installed in our cars 11 years ago. The original lasted 10 years and 130k miles in my MSP and i'm sure my current one will last longer than the rest of the car.

I appreciate what your saying but a chance to make a weak link bulletproof and from what I've heard kill the torque steer is worth the extra $200

I payed $685 for the strength mostly. We'll see what I have to pay to have it put in the trans but that would have been spent anyway.

I haven't ordered them. I was see what my mechanic's opinion was before going hog wild ordering stuff.

The stock diff is riveted to the final drive/ring gear, the MFactory comes as the diff itself without the ring gear. If your stock final drive/ring gear is not damaged you can drill out the rivets on the stock LSD and with ARP bolts you can bolt the MFactory to your old ring gear. If it is damaged you can buy a new one from MFactory or find a used OEM gear, I know MFactory sells different gear ratios than stock for the final drive (stock is 4.10:1) but they may have the stock ratio as well. Some people think the rivets on the stock LSD are what cause it to flex and shear the housing off.

I seem to be missing something.

1522258_10152136430410730_2086015128_n.jpg

Yes, it is in two pieces. Sheared very clean though so hopefully no damage to the case. Ring and pinion look good so they're going to get reused.

Carrier side
1509952_10152155732765730_480256068_n.jpg

Ring side
1506771_10152155732820730_1275656074_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back