Speedracr79's Build Thread

Well heres the parts I've received so far. TWM A1 Abrams Weighted Shift Knob, AEM Wideband, and my Yellowspeed Coilovers.

I also picked up this soda blaster as well

Just bought me a fender roller today been wanting one for some time now. Now a new way to make some cash this will help speed up the build .

saaawwweeeet im supposed to get some struts and springs in this week so once i get those installed maybe we can roll mine before i get some 17's (headbang) text me when you think of the price

OK well my fender roller finally came in a few days later, also got me a Mazdaspeed 1.5/1.6 4-2-1 Header so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Buddy came over over the weekend and we tore apart my motor cleaned it up a bit to send to the machine shop to get all done up. Also decided on a color I'm gonna paint it no more white its time for a change.

This weekend I'm gonna powder coat my wheels finally gonna go with a gold pearl after all instead of white like before. After the new year I will be making some progress on getting this bad boy up and running I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

thanks I had the chance to buy this header a while back a local buddy bought it from Hong Kong he sold it to another buddy in trinadad that guy sold it to another local in trinidad then me and the last guy traded parts and well its back in San Antonio…haha it'll be a nice addition to my build.

Have pics of the 4-2-1 header? Its for a 1.6l?

Epic build in progress!! Much props. We haven't seen a build like this in a while up in the DFW.

Thanks man appreciate the kind words. It is a work in progress but will be a great quality build when complete. Unfortunately for me its come to a stand still for a while due to no funds or enough time but thats changed quite a bit and little by little I'm gonna get it back together. Once i drop the motor off at the shop to get cleaned up and get it back to powder coat it then all i need to do is assemble and pretty much just put it all together so i can't wait.

brandon always find the odd one off parts...lucky bastard lol :p

Yea plus it pays to have friends in different countries. But funny thing about the header is a local buddy bought it from someone in Hong Kong. He then sold it to another buddy in Trinidad that guy sold it to another buddy in Trinidad and i made a trade to him for the header and now its back in San Antonio. Header has more miles on it that American Airlines…lol

BUT heres an update of what I've been up to I'm finally getting around to organize my garage and make it into my shop. If all works out I will also be getting a lift as well. I have a couple wall mount tire racks which give me some room and shelf space to put other car parts. Put on my yellow overlays and made a mini shelf for my battery chargers not to shabby if you ask me, and my daughter chilling with dad while i clean up. Installed the coils in the rear so i can move my car over and rolled my rear fenders while i was at it.

Last edited:
I love the feeling of a clean shop! That's a nice color, what's the code on it? I'm going to paint my track FC Meteor Gray Mica. Kind of a gunmetal color with a dark flake looks really nice if you're looking for that type of color.

I have no idea of the color i was gonna buy an 84 Corolla and was goggling images and came across this and loved the color. And yeah me to its been a mess for to long and I finally got off my ass to do something about it. I bought some ramps today for quick oil changes and what not. But I'm seriously looking at getting a small lift I saw one that was short posts and was removable i just need to find it again and do some research on it see what reviews people say about it. My garage is a cluster **** right now because were also remodeling our kitchen so a lot of stuff went into the garage but hopefully if it rains this weekend then ill get some free time to clean it up again.

Awesome as build mate, that colour would look heaps mad I reckon. Keep up to good work!

Awesome as build mate, that colour would look heaps mad I reckon. Keep up to good work!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thanks man I will keep it up.

yea man good s***...do ya thing. Really hope it all work out

it'll all work out just need some more time and money but it's coming along nicely I need to finish off my garage first then I can proceed with the build.

Back