Special Edition SP 2.3

:
03.5 Msp
i saw it online in an ad , but i want more information , i read that it comes with a body kit , and a better suspension (hump)

thanks

i was under the impression it came with in a special color and had every option but as far as performance, it was the same as the rest of the 2.3's.

QUESTION! i didnt know there was a special edition mazda3 can anyone shed some light on this for me? Also, this is the 2nd time i've heard of this "SP", is that part of our chassi code?

SP23 are essentially the GTs of today.

It was merely a step-up from the base model 3s and came in Carbon Grey with HID headlights, LED taillights, high-gloss 17" alloys (similar to the color on the Shinka edition RX-8s) saddle brown (or black) leather seats and the SP23 badging, among other things. There was no step-up in the engine components, it had the 2.3L engine.

Here is an article that better explains it...
http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=19950

I wish you could get a current 3 GT with something other than black leather. Grey or Tan would be awesome.

i've seen some model i'd never heard of a few times that has some red lettering after the 2.3 emblems which i can never make out clearly and it was beginning to bug me for a while. i remember the interior looking somewhat reddish (like saddle brown). this sounds like the car though!

thanks for the replies !
also some one around me is selling one , and i want to get one it but the price is WAY higher then what i have saved up
so i guess to special edition for me : c unless he wants a kick ass discount at best buy and lets me make payments : D

DSC00174-2.jpg

I've got the hatch version. the defining thing about the SP2.3's is the unique Carbon grey (best looking color imo) color offered for the NA 3's and it was only made in 1 year, 2005, with 5k produced (i think)

other than that nothing really other than the color and trims and the swanky red 2.3 liter, although if you like modding then definitely worth it to put a turbo on as you'll never find this color 3.

Last edited:
i've seen some model i'd never heard of a few times that has some red lettering after the 2.3 emblems which i can never make out clearly and it was beginning to bug me for a while. i remember the interior looking somewhat reddish (like saddle brown). this sounds like the car though!

That would be correct. SP2.3

Sup JEFF!!!! Still liking the SP23? You back home now? Or back out on the road?

Ya Ya Ya! I know I just got here yesterday. Gotta get post count up somehow!

Sup JEFF!!!! Still liking the SP23? You back home now? Or back out on the road?

Hey Tylor! Yeah the SP23 is great. Aside from getting broken into in Montreal in April RIGHT after I got it, all is well. Just got a vibrant cbe installed this week. I love it! It's a tad on the loud sound, but no drone and it's really throaty and raspy. It's pretty darn sexy if I may say so myself :D

I'm back in CT for a while. I'll go on tour again starting in November. I'll be in Gainesville in November the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then Sarasota and Fort Lauderdale in January. I dunno if any of those are around you at all?

How are you doing? Still got those two beautiful p5s I see... (sad2)

Back