Speaker problems!!!

YellerMP3

Can anyone tell me why i dont have sound comin out the speakers in the rear doors!!! No i swear they arent blown, and i read the manual and everything!!! any help would really be appreciated. Dathan

I believe they are like the Protege Sedans and the rear speakers are on the rear deck.....the Protege 5's have 6.5's in the rear doors, due to lack of full-time rear deck. The sedan's have the speaker holes and grills, just no speakers in them....you can put some there is you want?????

-R

Protege52003 said:
I believe they are like the Protege Sedans and the rear speakers are on the rear deck.....the Protege 5's have 6.5's in the rear doors, due to lack of full-time rear deck. The sedan's have the speaker holes and grills, just no speakers in them....you can put some there is you want?????

-R
BINGO!!!!

The P5 and MSP have 6.5" rear door speakers and no rear deck speakers.
The Regualr sedans and MP3 have 6x9" rear deck speakers and no rear door speakers.

Yes you could add speakers there but you would have to run wires into the doors.

I think I've seen it done. I know that pulling wire to the rear doors is REALLY easy if you take the trim panel that goes up the side sorta covering your seatbelt off. (see the stickied how-to for speaker wire)

Thatsaid IDK why you'd really wanna dothat. unless you were pulling your rear deck speakers in which case I'm all for it. I think the MSP style setup is much more conducive to your car sounding better. Of course you could also just not bother with them and use any of that money toward an amp up front with some nice components.

Back