Solenoid for the Indicator?

:
mazda
2013 MZ5 Sport - the turn signal right indicator flashes rapidly.
Where is that solenoid or relay need replacement - part # - any videos?

Rapid flashing is often an indication of a weak ground.

Since you are saying that only the right side is having an issue, I would check the ground for the socket and the bulb on the front and back right side of the car.

Otherwise, I looked in the Factory Service Manual, and I hope I am reading it wrong...but it looks like the BCM (body control module) controls the flashing? Which would mean, the BCM grounds are at issue or the BCM is bad.

I would highly suggest you get the Factory Service Manual. I get mine for about $15 on ebay as a download.

Reading about other Mazdas, most solve fast blinking with new front bulbs or cleaning the contacts in the socket.

Which socket?

In the fuse box, one says TNS - what is it?

The socket the light bulbs go in. Seems like the fronts can be an issue as they corrode.

TNS = tail, numberplate, sidemarker

Here is the wiring diagram for the Mazda 5. I think it's for all through 2015 but am not sure. If you look, at the Hazard Wiring Switch and the turn switch in the center, you can see it connects to the BCM. If you look to the right you see the BCM connects to the front and rear turn lights. This tells me the BCM is flashing the lights as there is no flasher relay.

1660275880889.png

Since only one side is having issues, it's really doubtful it would be a relay. Circuits for flashers usually use a single relay for both left and right. If it was a flasher relay problem then both sides would fast blink. I would think everything from the battery to the Flasher (or BCM) is OK.

To me, the most probable is that you have a bad ground or connection in the circuit for the right turn signals. Pull the front right turn signal bulbs. There are two, one on the fender and one in the headlight. Clean the socket contacts, use some dielectric grease to reseat the bulbs. If that doesn't work, go to the rear bulb and do the same. Might be good to swap the bulbs from the left to right or just replace the bulbs.

If that doesn't work, I'd look at the wiring connections.

Also, aftermarket LED bulbs can cause issues like this. Revert back to factory ones.

Since only one side is having issues, it's really doubtful it would be a relay. Circuits for flashers usually use a single relay for both left and right. If it was a flasher relay problem then both sides would fast blink. I would think everything from the battery to the Flasher (or BCM) is OK.

To me, the most probable is that you have a bad ground or connection in the circuit for the right turn signals. Pull the front right turn signal bulbs. There are two, one on the fender and one in the headlight. Clean the socket contacts, use some dielectric grease to reseat the bulbs. If that doesn't work, go to the rear bulb and do the same. Might be good to swap the bulbs from the left to right or just replace the bulbs.

If that doesn't work, I'd look at the wiring connections.

Also, aftermarket LED bulbs can cause issues like this. Revert back to factory ones.
Have factory bulbs. No mods other than backup camera that was done 3yrs ago by crimping on the reverse light.

Step 1: set turn signal on, get out and check if front and rear turn signal bulbs are flashing.

Step 2: if one or both bulbs are not flashing, replace the bulb(s) that isn't flashing.

Step 3: if bulb(s) was replaced, repeat Step 1.

Step 4: if no change in bulb status, remove bulb and clean out bulb socket (file, sandpaper, contact cleaner, etc.). Replace bulb, repeat Step 1.

Step 1: set turn signal on, get out and check if front and rear turn signal bulbs are flashing.

Step 2: if one or both bulbs are not flashing, replace the bulb(s) that isn't flashing.

Step 4: if no change in bulb status, remove bulb and clean out bulb socket (file, sandpaper, contact cleaner, etc.). Replace bulb, repeat Step 1.
Thank you.
I also found some youtube videos on removing bulbs.
Hope its not the bulb on the side mirror!

I had it clicking and removed the front bulb - it was still doing it.
I was hopeless so put the bulb back and its fixed!

Basically removing bulb and putting it back on while its on!

Back