Guide Small tip to remove resonance from the CX-60 trunk

BWJ

:
CX-60 Takumi
Small tip to remove resonance (barrel sound) from the trunk, remove the foam and subwoofer, and hit the bottom of the car with your knuckles, it sounds like an empty oil drum, the solution is self-adhesive bitumen, the sound from the sub becomes much better, and other noise from wheels etc disappears.

1 (2).JPG
2 (2).JPG

Small tip to remove resonance (barrel sound) from the trunk, remove the foam and subwoofer, and hit the bottom of the car with your knuckles, it sounds like an empty oil drum, the solution is self-adhesive bitumen, the sound from the sub becomes much better, and other noise from wheels etc disappears.

View attachment 314783View attachment 314784

Was there a specific reason for just doing those small parts or did you do more after the photo?

This is something i'll definitely do so thanks for the heads up! but I would was thinking of using a full sound insulation membrane?

Was there a specific reason for just doing those small parts or did you do more after the photo?

This is something i'll definitely do so thanks for the heads up! but I would was thinking of using a full sound insulation membrane?
After searching a bit, I found the undamped base plate, it played together with subwoofer at deep bass tones, according to the picture, I only put dampers in the 4 round points in the middle and left of the picture, muffled wheel noise is an added bonus, I didn't do it all the way through the bottom as the foam board comes up too high as it sits on the high areas, mine dampers do the job perfectly so i have no need for more.

After searching a bit, I found the undamped base plate, it played together with subwoofer at deep bass tones, according to the picture, I only put dampers in the 4 round points in the middle and left of the picture, muffled wheel noise is an added bonus, I didn't do it all the way through the bottom as the foam board comes up too high as it sits on the high areas, mine dampers do the job perfectly so i have no need for more.
Ah gotchya, thanks.

I'm definitely all for reducing some of that wheel roar, the sub increase will be a welcome addition, thanks for the advice!

I regretfully took my rear badges off today and found that Mazda still live in the 90's and they have clips and therefore holes in the tailgate once removed. So I had to spent an hour with emblem tape attaching them without a template, very dull especially as some of the CX60 Takumi press shots had no badges on the rear and it looks so much better...and there clearly was a tailgate without holes in production!

Thank you very much, BWJ, for this valuable tip! I already have a quote from my dealer for doing something similar to the inside of all 4 doors, they also sound like empty cans when closing, completely not in keeping with this car's price point :) So I'll add the trunk to the request. The door deadening procedure is shown here, by the way: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rqzEWyg7_cw. In German, but easy to understand what's being done and the results are very obvious.

Thank you very much, BWJ, for this valuable tip! I already have a quote from my dealer for doing something similar to the inside of all 4 doors, they also sound like empty cans when closing, completely not in keeping with this car's price point :) So I'll add the trunk to the request. The door deadening procedure is shown here, by the way: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rqzEWyg7_cw. In German, but easy to understand what's being done and the results are very obvious.

They are charging you to do the sound insulation when there is already a Mazda service bulletin for it? Make sure you don't pay!

IS THERE a service bulletin??? I had no idea! Can you share a link? I think you've just saved me 200 Euro! I owe you a beer :)

It's not 'advertised', but other members on the CX70 forum reported there was, and when I asked my dealer, he said there was so its getting added to the list of fixes my car needs

Have a read through here

It's not 'advertised', but other members on the CX70 forum reported there was, and when I asked my dealer, he said there was so its getting added to the list of fixes my car needs

Have a read through here

Thank you very much! I still think that this is a goodwill of a given dealer, rather than something recognized by Mazda and their importers, so my dealer may refuse. But I just wrote to them requesting it - we'll see. Anyway I'm super grateful for making me aware of this, as well as of that other forum where I haven't even thought to look (since it's called "CX70forum" :)

Bonjour de France !
Propriétaire d'un CX-60 depuis fin mars, je regarde ce forum depuis la commande du véhicule.
A ma grande surprise aujourd'hui, j'ai ouvert le coffre et découvert ceci en image :
( cx-60 D254cv commandé en septembre 2022 et livré fin mars 2023 )

Hello from France !
Owner of a CX-60 since the end of March, I have been watching this forum since ordering the vehicle.
To my great surprise today, I opened the trunk and discovered this image:
(cx-60 D254cv ordered in September 2022 and delivered at the end of March 2023)

Attachments

• IMG-6568.jpg
    IMG-6568.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG-6569.jpg
    IMG-6569.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 239
Back