Slotted discs causing clicking sound, when braking

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Last week I have replaced, all my discs and pads. Also painted the calipers, with red paint.
I have never had this type of discs before(drilled/slotted), so I didn't think about the orientation of these discs.
When I brake, they make a clicking sound as the pads go over the slots.
Now, I have all the disc slots pointing forward. The cooling vanes in these are straight, so I know that in this case, it shouldn't matter.
I'm good there, but this noise is bothering me.
If I would flip them in the correct orientation, with the slots pointing toward the back of the car, this sound would go away?

I have slotted discs on other cars - never had a clicking sound. I would think that something else is wrong.

Sometimes there is a card flicking sound with d/s. You can read about this from many sources. However a clicking sound might be a different problem. Maybe the wear clip is scraping

It is like a card flicking sound, as Chris says it.
Good point to try braking backward., Thanks Mazdadude. I will try it.

I have tried in the parking lot, but at those speeds, I can't hear anything.
Chris, do you have these discs, no? On yours is making that sound?

The last couple of sets of D/S rotors I have installed were tagged with the location they were supposed to be in. From what I have seen it is normal now for the slots to be oriented with the top of the slot to the rear. There is some noise associated with these rotors, I would say it's more of a whizzing noise.

Back