Skyactiv Remote Turbo Build

Sounds like Harbor Freight Tools flux core welder, which is about $90. I have one for small repairs and they actually work pretty good. Duty cycle is only about 10% though if I remember right so you don't get much time for welding before you have to let it cool down.

Sounds like Harbor Freight Tools flux core welder, which is about $90. I have one for small repairs and they actually work pretty good. Duty cycle is only about 10% though if I remember right so you don't get much time for welding before you have to let it cool down.
Yea, I don't think it would be worth it to purchase an inverter or whatever it is you plug the welder into to give you extra control. I'm not experienced enough and right now am less worried about aesthetics (although I will do my best to make my tips straight/even).

Hey, we all start somewhere and like I said for a cheap welder they actually work pretty good for light duty work. Mine is like 15 years old now and it's nice and light too.

I was just curious. I have a HB flux core welder and it gets the job done. Takes a good amount of practice to get a good bead down without much spatter.

Well reclocked the turbo so that the drain is not sticking below the turbo. Also mocked up the oiling system. I will make a short hose between the filter and pump instead of using that coupler. Also the 45 deg on the pump will be replaced with a straight fitting. I ordered one SS hose form ebay for extra safety off the turbo, but I don't want SS for everything else because I want the oil, if boiling or near boiling to cool on the way to the pan. And now that OVT has started tuning a turbo'd 2.p0op, I'm extra motivated to get this running lol

an10 drain an6 feed
8hKZlri.jpg

an 10 filter pre pump
mdru0Le.jpg

Ordered an exhaust hanger rod from amazon, and it fir so I welded it in place. I will be ordering more and if practicable, cut the universal type bracket off and use all rod hangers instead. Also mocked up the tailpipe. I've decided that the pipe to the driver exit is too close to the rear; I will be cutting it and adding S bend towards the front of the car, so that when I make the 90 deg bend for the tailpipe, I don't have to have them sticking out too far. I also need to add a s bend vertical to have the tailpipe at the correct height. I had already ordered 2 more 45"s to make a vertical S from China but it looks like I'll need 2 more.

dImerpK.jpg

9flylyY.jpg

KMOUi6Q.jpg

Ordered 3 more exhaust hangers and 1 more 45 bend. Should be everything needed to finish my exhaust.

I haven't commented here, but I think this thread is cool and I am following it.

Are you just measuring and then welding or actually mocking it up on the car? Just curious, because you said the 90 elbow moved during welding.

I mocked it up on the car tacked and then welded. Just finished the tips/hangers with a rotor pilot friend who used to weld for a living. Showed me some tips and how to go anout cleaning/grinding and finishing the welds.

It's physically done, just need to do some grinding, cutting and finish welds.

v
zKfmBbt.jpg

Chris, Have you thought about contacting companies, maybe corksport or something and seeing if the would at all be interested in buying your design and mass producing this system?

Once the flexible intake and cheap cone filter i got on ebay come in ill mount and oil the turbo. The charge pipe wont be connected to the engine though.

Painted with VHT. I put silicon around the welds on the charge pipe. It will be painted once it's cured.

Xs50wlK.jpg

Back