Sirius Sat Ant

irish6714

I have searched with no luck

I have a Clarion ProAudio DXZ735MP, the box says it is sirius ready, So all I need is the ANT and service right? Now, which ant to get? Some have 2 plugs and some only have 1. What is the difference? How many plugs do I need?

Depends on which Sirius tuner box you get. You'll go like this:

Antenna --> Sirius tuner box --> Clarion radio.

Just go look for a tuner on ebay.

Generally what it means when it says ready is that you can plug a tuner into the back of it. It doesn't already have the tuner inside most likey.

From Crutchfield"Sirius Satellite Radio controls (Sirius Radio subscription, tuner, and antenna required to receive the satellite radio signal) service is available only in the lower 48 states, not available in Alaska, Hawaii, or U.S. territories

Edit:Sorry my XM actually have two inputs for antenna.

Last edited:
I got my Kenwood tuner, antenna, and RF modulater on ebay for $100. Never installed.

While I didn't use the RF mod for my car since it was already Sirius compatible (as is your Clarion), it's going to be used in my Dad's Nissan. Just look around and take your time finding one on ebay. You can find a good deal. Check out phaudio's thread about Sirius antennas if you wanna read a bit more about the antenna and placement.

Back