Should i be concerned about higher than normal coolant temps?

cvp0917

:
Mazdaspeed 3
I recently was involved in a fender bender and the insurance company ended up replacing my radiator and cooling fan assembly as part of the deal, among other things. My concern now though is according to my dash hawk my coolant temp hovers around 205-208 instead of the normal 190-196. I can't figure out why. Everything looks good from what I can tell. The radiator and fan were used to my dismay but no amount of my bitching would get them to buy new. Should I be concerned about it? And if so any ideas why? Are there air guides specific to our model that should be in there that they may have missed replacing?

-Chris

That's not high. Ambient temps are increasing now as well, so keep that in mind.

Only thing I'd do is make sure they replaced with mazdaspeed radiator (LKQ or new), and not one meant for the regular 3.

I've read on 'another forum', after replacing a faulty T-stat, even with a Mazda OEM part, coolant temps are running higher -- specifically the temp range you mentioned.

Is there anyway i could look at the radiator and be able to tell if its meant for the speed or a regular 3? Could this also be the cause of an air bubble? cause as soon as i come to a stop the fan cools everything down to normal temps, its only when im driving that i have the problem (which is now up to 223 degrees today. i also drove home late last night in sub 50 degree weather at 70 mph and it hovered around 210-217).

Back