Short Shifter.

FrancoNemo

:
2010 MS3
Hey ppl so im wanting to but a short shifter.
but im between the Mazdaspeed Short shifter and the TWMperformance Short Shifter.
does any one have either one or know the difference?
which one would u recommend?
thanks

i dont know much about the mazdaspeed accessory short shifter, but I do know that TWM makes high quality products and very detailed instructions on install, all at a pretty cheap price. Plus theyre a sponsor on this forum, always good to support them :)

yea thats the same info i know but thanks! wat im really interested on is the actual specs. like which one is shorter and better.

yea thats the same info i know but thanks! wat im really interested on is the actual specs. like which one is shorter and better.

I'm not sure which one is better, but I would go with TWM. If you search it on ebay you will find great deals, plus the TWM comes with a new leather shift boot. It is smaller and cut for the short shifter (plus you get to choose your fav coloured stitching)
You can use the factory one and just readjust the boot, there are how to's on here. But my boot is starting to rip already after just 30k. So would be nice to have a new one!

Some specs:

TWM Performance Mazda 3 Short Shifter
Features:
- US $179.00 + shipping (on ebay)
- 2.5" height reduction
- 40% throw reduction

( https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) )

MAZDASPEED Mazda3 Short Shifter:
Features:
- US $169.00 + shipping (on ebay)
- 2.5" height reduction (quote me if Iam wrong)
- 20% throw reduction
-no boot incl.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Too bad they don't make a Mazdaspeed short shifter for the MS3. I would buy one in a heartbeat. At the moment...I only see one made by TWM

That isn't it at all. I just wanted to have zero warranty worries. I would consider just getting the TWM and having Mazda install it --- assuming they would.

That isn't it at all. I just wanted to have zero warranty worries. I would consider just getting the TWM and having Mazda install it --- assuming they would.

Im sure they would...its just a question about money, but this way they would obviously know that you have one!!!

Just do it yourself, its really not alot of work.

I'm not sure which one is better, but I would go with TWM. If you search it on ebay you will find great deals, plus the TWM comes with a new leather shift boot. It is smaller and cut for the short shifter (plus you get to choose your fav coloured stitching)
You can use the factory one and just readjust the boot, there are how to's on here. But my boot is starting to rip already after just 30k. So would be nice to have a new one!

Some specs:

TWM Performance Mazda 3 Short Shifter
Features:
- US $179.00 + shipping (on ebay)
- 2.5" height reduction
- 40% throw reduction

( https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) )

MAZDASPEED Mazda3 Short Shifter:
Features:
- US $169.00 + shipping (on ebay)
- 2.5" height reduction (quote me if Iam wrong)
- 20% throw reduction
-no boot incl.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

damn man thanks alot for all the info very helpful!! yea im gonna goy with TWM they gave me a partial sponsorship and gave me 25% off the shortshifter so w/out a boot its 130 shipped which is not bad at all (alright)
and im gonna install it my self (rockon)
thanks again

btw if u've takin ur car to the 1/4 track go to the new thread i made about timing down the track!

damn man thanks alot for all the info very helpful!! yea im gonna goy with TWM they gave me a partial sponsorship and gave me 25% off the shortshifter so w/out a boot its 130 shipped which is not bad at all (alright)
and im gonna install it my self (rockon)
thanks again

btw if u've takin ur car to the 1/4 track go to the new thread i made about timing down the track!

Np....thats a good deal you got there! Let me know how it feels...still debating on getting one! My buddy has one in his eclipse..and he loves it.

Np....thats a good deal you got there! Let me know how it feels...still debating on getting one! My buddy has one in his eclipse..and he loves it.

Yea im prob not gettin it any time soon! im low on cash...but as soon as i have some extra money i will def. do it!

i say go with the TWM i heard a lot of appreciation and the throws are a bit shorter....i am getting a short shifter as well but its a ralco short shifter from ebay for 120 including shipping..i bargained with the guy. A lot of people compare it with the mazdaspeed shifter but we'll see how this works out on my car. http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=79415

someone from another forum just installed the ralco short shifter i was getting and said it didn't do s*** so i will be getting a refund soon and going with TWM....no wonder it was so cheap.

someone from another forum just installed the ralco short shifter i was getting and said it didn't do s*** so i will be getting a refund soon and going with TWM....no wonder it was so cheap.

Sucks that you had to go through that...but I guess we ALL know better now!! Thanks to you!!!

At least you got your cash back.

Back