Shifter Cabel Removal?

zinger002

:
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
Who has removed this part from their car?

Im just looking for some quick tips before i go tackle it.

thanks guys.

it literally just pops of. you can use a flat head screw drive, door panel popper, small pry bar.

you talkin bout the ones inside the car or the ones under the hood?

Everything, front to back both cables are coming out. New one is only 250 from mazda, they gave me wholesale :) WIN! perhaps i will install my j barone ssp correctly this time.

sorry i didnt see this sooner but what are your trying to figure out? i had to swap my whole shifter assembley to, and it was real easy. just keep track of what bolts go where and you good.

i cant see there being any problem. if so just hit me up.

OK, so i just took the entire cable assembly out my car.
this is a pita.

BUT i am now done and have the j barone ssp installed and working flawlesly.

i had to drill a hole slightly to the side of one of the plates that holds the cable because i felt the stock positioning + the jbarone ssp a little too far to the side in terms of the cables range of motion. This is why i cracked my ssp in the first place, i fudged the install and when i went into reverse for the first time the plastic guide tried to move farther then it could.

Lesson learned and now i now have about a 600 bucks put into the car only for shifter related parts lol.

I used a heat gun and its no longer a box. more like a mush ed up still airtight piece lol.

There are hidden screws and you need Asian hands, sorry if your Asian, to get some of the locations.

Last edited:
Back