2009 Mazda6 S 3.7L runs fine when started cold but then runs rough

Hello members! I am searching for a Mazda 6 owner who has experienced the same issue that I am currently experiencing. My 3.7 engine was way overdue for a spark plug change so I replaced them with the same OEM Motorcraft Platinum plugs that it came with from the factory. I also replaced the ignition coil boots with new and applied the appropriate amount of silicone grease to them. It runs fine now (like new), but it still has the same problem it had before the tune up. It runs absolutely normal with no misfires until you shut it off and then restart it again within a short timeframe of being off (still warm, ex.... stop for fuel, etc.) If you wait a couple of hours for the engine to cool off, it starts and runs perfect once again, (for the duration of use) unless you shut it off and restart, after which it begins to misfire and buck considerably (runs rough) and the CEL light comes on or even flashes. I will do diagnostics with a OBD2 scanner to get any codes associated with this problem but I just wanted to post this looking for any obvious solutions or shedding of light on correcting this issue to get it purring again and to remain that way. Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:
Back